Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service creation with SAP NW 7 SP 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I found this blog on web service creation with transaction SOAMANAGER:

/people/bv.pillai/blog/2008/01/27/new-service-definitions-in-the-abap-development-environment-soamanager-150-sap-nw-70-sp14

I know that the obsolete transactions WSADMIN and WSCONFIG do not work anymore and are now replaced by new transaction SOAMANAGER. Before upgrading I never needed the obsolete transactions because I was using the Web Service Creation Wizard in transaction SE37. But how to release a web service for soap runtime now? The wizard says one should use the new transaction WSADMIN2. This transaction seems to refer to the JAVA stack. Do I really need to install J2EE to publish web services I created from abap function modules?

Thanks for any answers.

Kind regards

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Follow these steps (roughly described):

- Create a fucntion module (remote enabled)

- Activate it.

- Using the context menu of that function in SE80 goto create webservice -> The wizard starts

- Choose proxy for service provider

- enter service name

- choose end point type "FUNC" (function module - inside out)

- choose your function

- activate "deploy service"

If all necessary services in SICF are activated all points on the left of the wizard should become green.

Goto transaction soamanager, business administration, web-service-administration, search for your service.

There you should find you service.

If you already have a java stack in your system environment (e.g. on solution manager) then you can use that one to test your service from soamanager.

Therefore you just need a connection between your ERP and that java-system (e.g. SSO) and enter the url of your java system in soamanager technical configuration, system settings, j2ee settings.

regards

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

There's no need to have J2EE Stack installed or accessible from your ABAP ERP to create a SOAP webservice.

The only thing you need a Java-Stack for, is to test your webservice using the webservice test-frontend, which starts from SOA manager.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

I forgot to mention:

Use SE80 to create a webservice out of your function module. This starts some kind of wizard. in that wizard make sure you release it for the SOAP runtime.

Additionally you must activate some services in SICF. see notes 1043195, 1124553 and 1088717 for more details.

You need at least these:

/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/appl_soap_management

/sap/bc/srt (and sub-nodes)

/sap/public/bc/icons

/sap/public/bc/icons_rtl

/sap/public/bc/pictograms

/sap/public/bc/icons/webdynpro

/sap/public/bc/icons/webdynpro/adobeChallenge

/sap/public/bc/icons/webdynpro/mimes

/sap/public/bc/icons/webdynpro/ssr

regards

0 Kudos

Thanks, this is good news

I had already activated the services in SICF necessary for Web Dynpro application SOAMANAGER but how can I release a service for SOAP Runtime within the wizard? There is only a checkbox "deploy service" and I always get the warning that the service is not released and one should use transaction WSADMIN2.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Follow these steps (roughly described):

- Create a fucntion module (remote enabled)

- Activate it.

- Using the context menu of that function in SE80 goto create webservice -> The wizard starts

- Choose proxy for service provider

- enter service name

- choose end point type "FUNC" (function module - inside out)

- choose your function

- activate "deploy service"

If all necessary services in SICF are activated all points on the left of the wizard should become green.

Goto transaction soamanager, business administration, web-service-administration, search for your service.

There you should find you service.

If you already have a java stack in your system environment (e.g. on solution manager) then you can use that one to test your service from soamanager.

Therefore you just need a connection between your ERP and that java-system (e.g. SSO) and enter the url of your java system in soamanager technical configuration, system settings, j2ee settings.

regards

0 Kudos

OK - thank you very much - I will follow your steps.