Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Web service creation with SAP NW 7 SP 14

Hello experts,

I found this blog on web service creation with transaction SOAMANAGER:

/people/bv.pillai/blog/2008/01/27/new-service-definitions-in-the-abap-development-environment-soamanager-150-sap-nw-70-sp14

I know that the obsolete transactions WSADMIN and WSCONFIG do not work anymore and are now replaced by new transaction SOAMANAGER. Before upgrading I never needed the obsolete transactions because I was using the Web Service Creation Wizard in transaction SE37. But how to release a web service for soap runtime now? The wizard says one should use the new transaction WSADMIN2. This transaction seems to refer to the JAVA stack. Do I really need to install J2EE to publish web services I created from abap function modules?

Thanks for any answers.

Kind regards

Peter

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello Peter,

Follow these steps (roughly described):

- Create a fucntion module (remote enabled)

- Activate it.

- Using the context menu of that function in SE80 goto create webservice -> The wizard starts

- Choose proxy for service provider

- enter service name

- choose end point type "FUNC" (function module - inside out)

- choose your function

- activate "deploy service"

If all necessary services in SICF are activated all points on the left of the wizard should become green.

Goto transaction soamanager, business administration, web-service-administration, search for your service.

There you should find you service.

If you already have a java stack in your system environment (e.g. on solution manager) then you can use that one to test your service from soamanager.

Therefore you just need a connection between your ERP and that java-system (e.g. SSO) and enter the url of your java system in soamanager technical configuration, system settings, j2ee settings.

regards

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question