cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carry balance forward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dera,

we want to check whether a carry balance forward has been executed for a certain company code.

What is the final check to be sure this has been done?

Thanks and best regards,

Paul

Edited by: Paul Van Herck on May 11, 2009 2:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you referring to GL balances or Special Ledger Balances... or? Using transaction FS10N, you can display the balance of a GL Account for the year you want to verify that balances were carried forward to. The first line of the display is "balance carryforward". A cumulative balance here indicates that carryforward has been performed. If you receive the "no data read for fiscal year 20XX" then carryforward has not been performed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

so if I want to check if there has been a carry balance forward from year 2008 to year 2009, (the closure of year 2008), I have to fill in the FS10N the year 2008 and if I have a 'No data read for fiscal year 2008 (long text)' there hasn't been any carry balance forward??

Best regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to check carry forward GL Balances from 2008 to 2009, you would put 2009 in FS10N.

For instance right now we are in fiscal year 2009 and have not performed the carry forward for GL balances to 2010. If I put 2010 in FS10N along with any balance sheet account, I get the message 'No data read for fiscal year 2010 (long text)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the report S_ALR_87012277

Regards,

Ravi