Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking two DCs using interface views and return the value

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two webdynpro DCs. DC1 & DC2, each contains one view.

Point 1: From the DC1-->DC1View1 ,when I click a button , It should call DC2(This is happening).

Point2: When the DC2 is executed it should return to DC1-->DC1View1, value from DC2 need to be passed to DC1 also.

How to acheive point2. How anyone help on this .

Regards,

Muhammed Nishad J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

You would have created a inbound and outbound plug between DC1-->DC1View1 and DC2 ->View.

Now you will have to create the same for DC2 ->View and DC1-->DC1View1

1) create an inbound plug on DC1-->DC1View1 and outbound plug on DC2->view.

2) Now create a link as you would have in the first case.

3) create a parameter in DC2->view for outbound plug, and also the same in inbound plug of the DC1->view

4) Now in the method that was created for the outbound(public void onPlug<name of plug> )pass the value into the parameter created

5) in the inbound method(public void onPlug<name of inbound> get the value of the parameter in a variable.

I hope this solves your problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Narayani

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create one plug in Interface View Controller and map it.

Then you will be in the position to do the reverse mapping form DC2 to DC1.

Try doing this way.

Regards,

Sachi

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Now my first issue of navigation is got solved now it the turn of Data in the context node.

My DC1--> View1 is having some data in the view context . now I am navigating to DC2.

after executing the DC2 my control is passed back to DC1. Now in the Dc1--.View1 I am not able to see any data. I think it is flusshed. How to retain the data of Context node of DC1 while navigating to Dc2.

Thank you

Nishad

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

This can be a bug with the NWDS CE7.1 sp07 , as when traversing back to DC1 it is getting into the DoInit of the Component controller . this flushes the data in the context. I do not know whether there is any alternative.

This I tried with normal webdynpro but it is working correctly. This might be the problem with the Mobile perspective for handhelds.

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

In Handhled this facility in not available at this time

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue is not solved yet. I am able to create plugs in the interface view. Now from 1st Dcs view I can navigate to 2nd DC. In 2nd Dc--> view I have created button . when I click on this button I need to move to the 1st DCs view(through out bound plugs).How to trigger the outbound plug in the interface window of DC2 ( this I am trying out in mobile perspective for handhelds).

Any Idea?

Help required for this.

Edited by: Muhammed Nishad J on May 19, 2009 12:15 PM