Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Would you like to replace codepage 1100 with 1160 in the Language List?"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When we ran SPUMG for the first time we have a checkbox at the bottom

"Would you like to replace codepage 1100 with 1160 in the Language List?"

When I check the guide, it says that

"

If the system code page is 1100 you should check whether the frontend code page (or SAP GUI code page) is also 1100. Run report RSCP0013 in transaction SE38 and check, if 1100 is displayed in field Character set of SAPgui. If yes, users are able to input characters which are not covered by the system code page. Such characters u2013 for example the Euro sign - will get lost during the database conversion because they are not stored on the database. You can prevent this at least for characters in transparent tables by switching to 1160 in the SPUMG Language List.

Select checkbox would you like to replace code page 1100 with 1160 in the Language List? Note that there is no automatical replacement option for other code pages than 1100.

Afterwards choose pushbutton Continue with transaction SPUMG.

You are now on the tabstrip Consistency Check. The Language List is now initialized and filled, and the default settings for SPUMG are set. "

I ran the report RSCP0013, it shows that

Character set of SAPgui as 1160

Character set of appl server 1100

So I am not very sure whether to check the above box or not?

Can someone give some inputs in this regards

Thanks & Regards

Senthil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Replace the codepage with ' global fallback codepage i.e. 1160' and restart the spumg scans .

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's related to the Basis, pls check with Basis person.

If you need to know your system code page then try this way

You can check the code page in the following way:

Table : ARCH_CP

Function Module : SCP_GET_CODEPAGE_PROPERTIES " check if the codepage of the file is a unicode codepage

SCP_GET_CODEPAGE_NUMBER " no unicode system -> Check if MNLS support (MDMP)

check in the standard program : LARCHF02

You can check ur system codepage in Function Module: SYSTEM_FORMAT, SYSTEM_CODEPAGE

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Replace the codepage with ' global fallback codepage i.e. 1160' and restart the spumg scans .

0 Kudos

HI all,

You mean we need to check the box or uncheck the box "Would you like to replace codepage 1100 and 1160 in the language list"?

Also is someone can explain the background to it, would appreciate that

Thanks

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

1100 is the SAP number for code page iso-8859-1, which is the standard non-Unicode code page for Western Europe used in most UNIX systems (and also by SAP systems).

1160 is the SAP number for code page 1252, which is the non-Unicode code page for Western Europe used by Microsoft.

1100 is basically "a subset" of 1160, which means that Microsoft adopted this code page, but added additional characters like e.g. u20AC or the trade mark symbol.

Now since SAP Non-Unicode systems use 1100 for Western Europe, these additional characters are not supported in the systems. In SAPGUI standard screens, you will receive a hash-sign (#) when inserting e.g. u20AC. However, there are certain possibilities, to insert these non-supported characters without #-conversion - e.g. direct upload ... and in addition, in old releases (< 4.6C) it was even possible to insert the characters using standard ABAP screens.

Therefore, if you want to "save" these characters, you can replace 1100 by 1160.

I do not know of any disadvantages - even if you do not have the described problem.

Please also have a look at SAP notes 30650, 382285, 1141801 and 552612.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

Solution Management

Globalization Services

SAP AG

0 Kudos

Thank you Nils Buerckel for the clear explanation.

We are now enabling the check box

Thanks & Regards

Senthil