Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use html pages as links on portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have uploaded some html files in KM.

Now i want to create an iview and add these uploaded html files as hyperlinks in that iview.

Can i know the solution for these?

Awaiting for your respose.

Regards,

Raju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are many ways of achieving this.

Simple use KM Naivgation iview and set the folder property in your iview as suggested above. But this will be good if all your html files are in same folder.

If all your html files are not in a same folder then follow below suggestion,

Create a html file which show all links of your html files.

go and create KM Documents iview and in path to document property ser the path of your new html file.

Say /documents/abc.html

where your html file is in root->documents->abc.html

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In case there is a problem in making a KM navigation iview, A URL iview can also be created.

Upload one HTML page that has links to all the pages you want to show in that particular format.

Now click on this HTML page after uploading in KM. Note down the URL and make a URL iview with this URL.

IF you want to show this as anonymous like for eg in portal logon page, change the property of iview as anonymous.

thanks

Ankur

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an KM document Iview, then can i know in which property i should give the URL(Html files).

~Raju

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is url property in KM document iview.

Just set your html file in the Path to document property as I explained above

Url iview is another method of displaying the html file in km content.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a KM Navigation iView for the folder which has the HTML docs .. now use a layout set similar to the related links iView ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you can do is create an HTML file which hyper links to the files which you have uploaded and create a KM document iview to this HTML file.

OR

Create a KM navigation iview to the folder where you have uploaded all the html files.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not very clear with your answer.

can you please explain me detailed/

Awaiting for your response

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi buddy,

from your initial question, i guess you need to display a page which has multiple links to various pages which you have uploaded in KM.

So what you can do is, create another html file which link in it.

<a href = "some_html_file.html">Page1</a>
<a href = "some_html_file.html">Page2</a>
<a href = "some_html_file.html">Page3</a>
<a href = "some_html_file.html">Page4</a>

Some_html_file.html should point to the corrrect file(s) in the KM directory. Now save the new file which you have created (the one with links) in the KM directory and create a KM Document iView for this page and assign it to a role, and assign the role to the user and test.

Thanks,

GLM