cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Bex variable for amount possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a request to add <b>a variable in the selection screen of a query on an amount</b>.

Something like :

Sales amount : From _______ to __________

I just can't found anything on that, is it possible to do that ? If yes what the trick ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertrand,

Try executing the query in RSRT transaction. You would find the exact cause there.

Bye

Dinesh

former_member192142
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be able to do this by defining a condition in your query.

- Change query

- Click Conditions

- Enter name for condition

- Click new

- Select key figure (Sales amount)

- Select operator Between

- Set the two check marks for Variable input

- Create two variables, type Manual input, make the input mandatory/optional etc.

- Click ok and save/execute the query.

You should now be prompted to enter two threshold values that will filter the content of your query.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

-Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for the procedure. It add the 2 text zones on the selection screen to filter.

However the filter does not work, I still have all the lines.

Note that I'm getting warning, message BRAIN 144 but it's not really self explanatory (as usual :).

As far as I understand the hide of the result interact with the condition ... weird.

former_member192142
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've had the same message for some of my queries, but in my case it did not seem to affect the result of the query. So what I was to disable the Brain 144 message. To do that enter transaction RSRT, select your query/enter the name and click the Messages button. In there you should be able to find the Brain 144 message and disable it for that query.

Have you tried to hardcode values for the condition to see whether it removes some of the lines. If it does, something is wrong with your two variables.

Regards,

-Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I get it work with the help of a colleague.

All the tricks reside in the condition creation and the variable format.

First of all the condition as to be applied on a discreminant field relevant to the amount. Do not evaluate the conditions for "All characteristics or combinations of characteristics" but on "Single characteristics or combinations of".

Secondly </b>the variable for the condition should not be an amount but a number and that dispite the characteristic IS an amount !!