Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

include Structure to Database table like ci_aufk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I want to create a database table with an include structure.But i don´t want to create the structure for now.

I want to create it the same way as SAP did it with Table AUFK

there is an include structure CI_AUFK which does not really exist.

If i try this, i get an activation error. Does anybody know how to create something like that??

thanks for your Help and

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi Shashi,

I know hot to append an existing structure,

the problem i have is that i want to include a structure for later Usage like in table Aufk.

if you look at the entry .include -> ci_aufk and doubleklick on ci_aufk then you will see that this structure does not exist yet.How is this solved?

thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Go in Se11 -> the table name (in which u want to add the structure) -> click on append structure - > it would ask the structure name ( some times by default it would come) -> press enter and put the structure . Then activate it.

Regards

Shashi

Former Member

Hi Shashi,

I know hot to append an existing structure,

the problem i have is that i want to include a structure for later Usage like in table Aufk.

if you look at the entry .include -> ci_aufk and doubleklick on ci_aufk then you will see that this structure does not exist yet.How is this solved?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Hi thesaint,

I created a table with some fields and activated it. Later on, i added the structure 'CI_AUFK' in the same way as it is present in table AUFK. The include structure got added successfully and i was able to activate the same.

Note that structure 'CI_AUFK' is standard SAP structure which can be activated as and when required. It will not be possible to include our own Z structures and activate them as and when required.*

However, we can create structures that start with SAP naming convention for ex: CI_BOFA and then include them in our custom tables, we need not add any fields to those structures(during creation) and activate them as and when required in the future.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Note that structure 'CI_AUFK' is standard SAP structure which can be activated as and when required. It will not be possible to include our own structures and activate them as and when required.

thanks for this information.

regards

0 Kudos

I have edited my post. Pls look at the last paragraph in my first post.