cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

India | 2007 B PL 08 | What is the function of Tax Payment Wizard ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

India | 2007 B PL 08 | What is the function of Tax Payment Wizard ?

BR

Samir Gandhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

thanks,

I understand that how to execute it, But I don't know, exactly for what purpose this is to be executed ?

Because it also creates a JE.

BR

Samir Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To know how much tax to pay or how much tax to get back from the Govt.

If you have to pay, a payable J.E will be created and if to be receive a receivable J.E will be created.

Thanks,

Mansoor

msundararaja_perumal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The purpose is when we are using the various tax like Cenvat(Basic Excise Duty,education cess,higher education cess),vat.The system captures these tax values and consider them in the tax payment wizard.

For example

What we charge is Output Vat

What we pay our supplier is Input Vat

Output vat-Input vat=vat payable

This vat payable is calculated through tax payment wizard.

I you are using PLA(Personal Ledger account),then only the exceeding amount has to be paid to the govt.

Hope this clarifies you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M. Sundararaja Perumal and All,

Thanks for taking interest in this thread.

In India, we have 2 types of VAT based Invoices, 1.Tax Invoice and 2.Retail Invoice,

now incase of input Retail invoice, the organisation will not be eligible to consider the tax amount as input tax. So how the SAP B1 will understand this logic while calculating tax payable via Tax Payment Wizard ?

BR

Samir Gandhi

msundararaja_perumal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Tax Invoice,BP will be having TIN no.,it will be a local sale and Input can be taken.

Where as in retail invoice,we can deduct only CST in that case the value of the tax will be inventorized ie.,the tax amount will be added to the inventory.

So there should be any issue while running tax payment wizard.

Kindly confirm with your companys accounting professional regarding inventorizing the tax amount as i am not an accountant.And let us know the feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

It is not as you mentioned.

Even in Retail Invoice VAT type tax is used, and it not that in Retail only CST will be there.

And in all case BP will have the TIN no in BP Master.

BR

Samir Gandhi

msundararaja_perumal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

As far B1 is concerned,the tax payment wizard does not have any option to classify whether the input has to be considered or not. I have also tested in demo database.

The accounts whcih are mapped to the Tax type will be considered in the tax payment wizard.

If this is a legal requirement,i kindly request you to raise a ticket in sap support portal and also post this thread in the product development collaboration forum.

Rgds,

Sundar

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi samir,

Refer to Indian Localization enhancements guide - Updates on Tax Payment Wizard -page-9

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_HIER_KEY=701100035871000529280&_OBJECT=01...;

Jeyakanthan