cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Portal Content Directory From Personalization window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have requirement... we have a home page, which contain a set of iview and page. When logged in user personalize this page, he is able to see portal content directory and its folder structure provided he has end user permission.

Is there any option to avoid displaying folder struture. Or is there any option to hide portal content directory in personalization even user has end user permission.

Regards

Baby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check your permissions of the PCD. (Right click on folder -> open -> permissions)

End Users can only see PCD folders which have the "End User" flag enabled.

All permissions are inherited by successing folders. So don't set the End User flag in general.

Additionally check this discussion:

Best regards,

Olaf

Edited by: Olaf Böttcher on May 11, 2009 1:46 PM

birojpatro
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baby,

The Everybody Group is usually having the End-user-Flag enabled for all content by default,

Change it for your folder (which you will see in the personalization view)

For each role/object/folder, enable the End-User-Flag.

Cheers!!!

Biroj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank for your reply,.

In our case, say there is two page which the end user able to personalize. We need to restrict users to add a set of iviews for PAGE A and another set of iviews for PAGE B.

In this case during personalization the user is abled to see the iviews of both the page from pcd provided he has end user permission.

How i can avoid this..

Regards

Baby

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt if we can distinguish that way. Because in order to make objects appear, they should have end user permission set up. And all objects having end user permission will appear in Personalization box.

There might be some awkward way of doing this using custom coding but not sure.

- Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could hardcode the iViews for each page when you create the page and then turn off the end user flag for the PCD folders. Then the user can still hide the page's iViews.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am closing this thread since i feel this is not possible practically. Thank you for all your supports.

Regards

Baby

Answers (0)