cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export dynamic validation result fieldsin MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

To be able to export a result flag (true or false) after running one validation in MDM, I have tried out to creat a boolean field (physical field) in MDM which used to be assigned a validation result flag by creating a simple assignment. It looked working.

But I have a question is how this could work if I have over 30 validations only in one table and some ones are not very simple ? Do I have to create so many physical fields and add all accordinated validations into these assignment fields ? Or is there any easy way to be able to export these dynamic result flag fields after validation has been executed ?

Thanks very much for your help

Kind regards,

Wei Dona

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dona

To start with - thats a very good workaround for exporting the Validation result from MDM.

But I have a question is how this could work if I have over 30 validations only in one table and some ones are not very simple ? Do I have to create so many physical fields and add all accordinated validations into these assignment fields ? Or is there any easy way to be able to export these dynamic result flag fields after validation has been executed ?

I agree apart from creating 30 new fields we dont have any other option. Thats not feasible solution.

Can you please also share the business need for this and may be we can look for some different options, like executing the validation in Portal and not MDM. Portal will maintain all the sucess failure result against a record ID which can be later published.

Best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply and help.

Unfortunately we don't have MDM portal in productive for our business because the planned project for MDM Portal has been cancelled due to an overflow of project budgets.

From our business side, the expectation of getting the validation results is to have a variety validations executed together and put the results into one excel file. Actually these results which have been added as the dynamic columns with their associated names of validations (i.e. validation ids) can be viewed in MDM Data Manager record mode very conveniently. But how to export these values to an excel file once after executing these validations together, is there any other feasiable options except to create the physical fields (the same numbers of validations, i.e. about 30) in MDM ?

Thanks again for your help

Kind regards,

Wei Dona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wei

If you are need only chek validation flag.....

Another way - use e-mail notification after each of validations.

For do it you need:

1) configure e-mail server(iis for example)

2) insert e-mail server host name in mds.ini for current repository record

3) create workflow that is run validation and e -mail notification

Best regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of using a boolean you can use an integer and do the following:

if(validation1,0,1)+

if(validation2,0,2)+

if (validation3,0,4)+

if(validation4,0,8)... and so on using power of 2.

Comments:

make all validations callable so you can reuse them in the assignment expression.

make sure you do not run into overfllow, calculate the maximum amount of validation you can use in a single integer.

Regards,

Edna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edna,

I will try it to see. Thanks very much for your input.

Do you know why it has to use power of 2 ?

Thanks again

Kind regards,

Wei Dona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wei Dona,

When you use this formula, you actually encode the results to a binary number which consists of 0 and 1 when a true result is represented by 1 and a false is represented by 0. each digit represent a single validation, so you need a number which depends on the amount of validation (N) and is the Nth power of 2.

Regards,

Edna