cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide/Show iview and pass parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to develop two webdynpro abap iviews and put them into a portal page. One of these iviews will be initially hide and I want to show it from first iview. Then when I close second one, I want to pass some parameters to first iview.

I think it's possible with webdynpro Java, but I need to do it with ABAP.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the following methods from portal manager interface IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION.

FIRE Trigger Portal Event

SUBSCRIBE_EVENT Register Portal Event

While firing the event it is possible to pass the parameters.

The code wizard in web dynpro can be used to instantiate portal manager and call the methods. You can find this under the option 'Portal Integration' in code wizard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know ABAP methods to hide/show an iview inside a portal page (with WD Java I can use IWDPageService class). In my page there are two iviews, one WD and one url. From first one I want to call second one and then show it. I don't how control hide/show iview actions from WD ABAP.

I want to do this on WD ABAP:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/DE/42/e0cfcfb2636ffbe10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Thanks a lot.

Edited by: Iván Cabezas Castillo on May 11, 2009 4:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you integrate the applications in portal using Iviews, there is an option to set the defalut view using the 'ENTRY POINT' parameter.. Please look into it in EP forum for it's usage.

To pass the parameter from one Iview to other you can use the Application parameters.

Are the two Iview that you want to design in WDA are in the same component or different component.

You can use the visible property of the Iview using context attribute and can set to visible when required based on the parameters. In the CL_WD_IVIEW_AREA, tou can use method set_visisble method.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha.

Thanks for your reply. I've two iviews. First one is WD ABAP and second one is an url iview. Url iview is hide and from WD iview I want to show url iview, using a button or something like this. Both iviews are in a portal page.

They are no "views" but "iviews". I think your answer is for two WD ABAP iviews. Do you know some class/method to manage one WD ABAP and one url iviews.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the button click event, you can use the IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION interface to haev the portal eventing so that you can call the URL IVIEW.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Thanks a lot!!!!

Two more questions.

- How can I hide an "iview" (not view) from a webdynpro abap iview? With set_visisble method, I can hide views, not iviews.

- Is possible to put an url iview inside a webdynpro iview area?

Best regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I need to check it out........

Regards,

Lekha.