cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial number issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear consultants,

I have changed the serial number of a material from 300 to 300*.THe system accepts that.

Now in serial number history, when i checked for 300 *,it shows the order number..

and for 300 it is showing"no history exists for 300".. upto this there is no problem..

But if i want to have the serial number for a material as 300,it is not allowing me.The system gives an error"serial number already exists".

How to solve this issue...

karthick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the combination of material & serial number is unique as per system.

You can not aasifn 1 number twicwe to material , hence system is giving error message.

Regards,

Milind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Milind,

I know that it is not possible to assign same serial number to two diff materials. and I am not asking whether v cud have same serial numbers for two materials..

I have changed a serial number from X to Y for a material A. And now I want to assign serial number to another material as X ..

karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick

go to iq02 and put in the material number and serial number

and check the status, if it is avlbl then you can assign if it is esto then you can not assign it again.

if it is avlbl, then check the batch number that you are trying to assign.

regards

anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if the status is AVLB it s not able to be assigned.. I have checked it before posting the thread in sdn..

karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the case of serial number. If already you have used the particular serial number than you can not use the same serial number.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar