cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic programming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the dynamic programming in web dynpro applications ?

Thanks,

kavya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavya,

Dynamic Programming means creating the context and views dynamically. The coding part for the view modification is done in the wdDoModifyView method of the view.

Thanks & Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through this link then you will get the idea what is dynamic programming and how to use dynamic programming in webdynpro.

/docs/DOC-8061#34 [original link is broken]

Regards

Trilochan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavya,

I am replying this, keeping in mind that you are aware of the purpose of WD. Let us not first concentrate on, "What is dynamic Programming", but on "Why Dynamic Programing".

Let us consider an application, which will display various input fields and providing an input to them, will result into entering some other fields, e.g. you have a drop down of countries and when you select the DD, you get another DD with the list of cities related to that countries. Selecting that will give you option for postal code or zip code with different length limits etc.

Now either you can create some hidden views and make them visible by playing with the visibility or use dynamic programming. There would be many complex situations, where it would be difficult to decide the UI elements, for that case we need the program to run dynamically and thus Dynamic programming comes into play.

Dynamic Programming, does not use pre-defined UI elements and nodes, while writing a dynamic program, we need to define the UIs and teh ini

When we write a normal code, the UI elements are saved on the server thus the load is less while in the case of Dynamic programming, the UI elements are dynamically generated, increasing the load and at times encountering performance issues, thus Dynamic Programming should be used only when it is the last option.

I hope this would help you. If you need some more help, please revert back, I'll be happy to help you.

Cheers!!!

Umang