cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned & Actual Cost for More than one Person for aan activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have following requirement, any help is greatly appreciated.

In my Project Structure, Lets say i have WBS Element A and activity X assigned to it. No i'm planning 100 hours for that activity. i'm assigning three persons p1,p2,p3 to this activity. If the salaries are different for these three person, how will system determine planned cost.

Normally system determines from KP26 based on cost center & Activity Type in work center of the activity X . In my case explained above, how system calculate for these people with different salaries.

Looking forward for inputs,

Regards,

Chaithru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way would be maintain 3 different activity types and split your activity to activity element level and assign diff activity types at different activity element level.

The total cost will roll up from elemnt level to activity level.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Sarang

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Sarang is there any way thru which we can pull the data from hr salary.l also v r filling time sheet thru cats.

With Regards

Abhishek SInha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Chaithru,

It is not possible in SAP standard to use the salary of person for the plann costs calcualtion. As you known, the cost center and the activity type (KP26) are relevant to determine the price. A workaround is to use activity elements, so at lease you can have more than 1 price.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have implemented requirements like this before. The solution I have used is to override the Planned Cost by specifying the actual price in CATS. You would have to fill in the Price and Currency fields in the CATS timesheet. That way when the time is posted the CATS price will override the Planned cost. You can use CATS user-exit CATS0002 to calculate the actual rate and fill in the required CATS field.

What I have found, however, is that implementing Actual Costing is a lot more complicated than it sounds. You can find a good introduction to Actual Costing via CATS at [HR Expert On-Line|http://www.hrexpertonline.com/article.cfm?session=408c915f-b7a6-475d-9553-450153d41962&uid=f9d43657-1f37-491a-8449-bcbf7a124a13] "A Primer on Actual Costing Using CATS".

If you decide this is something you want to pursue then you can find implementation instructions in book [Configuring and Using CATS|http://www.amazon.com/Configuring-Using-CATS-Manuel-Gallardo/dp/1592292321/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242222601&sr=8-1].

Good luck.

Manuel G.