cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter at Source adapter for XI mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there anyway we can set filter at source adapter or Outbound interface for any XI integration? reason is Source file contains 1M records and actually the target system requires 100K records. we can save lot of network bandwidth or time for transfer and process the large amount of data not required on target system.

Thank you very much for the help and regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

You need to validate the size at the sender adapeter, Check whether you can achive this useing the Adapter Module "XiHeaderValidationBean", If not develop your module and configure it at the Sender Communication Channel, its should stop the Message Processing if the validation fails.

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Map only the required records at the Target and don't map the records that are not required at the target

Former Member
0 Kudos

let me add more details in this requirement.

The file contains around 1M records ( or rows) and 20 columns (fields). The Target system requires only 100K records of the whole file (10% of whole file) and all 20 columns. I dont want to pass all 1M records to Target system and filter there. I want to stop records which are not required at Target in Source itself. or if possible dont want to get into XI itself.

Regards,

Srinivas

former_member581827
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try "Recordsets per Message" option like for how many records you want to process the file which you thinks its feasible in sender file adapter file content conversion parameters.

Regards,

Chandra.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this blog:

[Night Mare-Processing huge files in SAP XI|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2737] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not going help in my problem. I dont want process the records which my target system does't want. This step may help in improving the performance of the XI system.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use xslt mapping in the communication channel.It will reduce the size of the payload you required.

Check blog for details..

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3823] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Prakasu.M

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If these are text files, then you may use Recordset Per Message option and divide the number of records into 10 parts.

Regards,

Prateek

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> If these are text files, then you may use Recordset Per Message option and divide the number of records into 10 parts.

>

> Regards,

> Prateek

this would still consume a high processing time.

Actually i suggest that restrict the messages at the source system itself. If the data is not used by any other system, then you can request the source system to send only the relevant data and not the whole lot. Ideally this is a good design for a better architecture + less headaches

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi all,

>

> Is there anyway we can set filter at source adapter or Outbound interface for any XI integration? reason is Source file contains 1M records and actually the target system requires 100K records. we can save lot of network bandwidth or time for transfer and process the large amount of data not required on target system.

>

> Thank you very much for the help and regards,

> Srinivas

write an adapter module and pass only the data that is required.