Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check button active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

How can we check if a button in the screen is clicked or not ? (thro' any tables or ABAP Code). Checking sy-ucomm is not helpful for me.

My need is:

I m in the process of automating ME57 Transaction. while performing this transaction,for some set of data, the item tab is already open. for some, it is closed. so I need to place a check to find that button is open or not.

Please provide your suggestions ASAP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tharani,

the <i>active</i> Tab is stored in a global variable. If you used the tab-wizard in the dynpro builder in an example program you'll see how that works.

Then you have to look at the coding of ME57 to find out this variable name and get access to it.

Another, much more complex, solution and with a slightly chance to be successfull with it is to use some of these DYNP_ function modules to read the current dynpro status from the ABAP dynpro processor. There should be this information available, as well. To debug this more precicely I think you have to enable System-debugging.

So better try the first one ;_)

Best wishes,

Florin

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u explain more where is this item tab and what exactly are u trying to do so that we can provide u with some solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tharani,

the <i>active</i> Tab is stored in a global variable. If you used the tab-wizard in the dynpro builder in an example program you'll see how that works.

Then you have to look at the coding of ME57 to find out this variable name and get access to it.

Another, much more complex, solution and with a slightly chance to be successfull with it is to use some of these DYNP_ function modules to read the current dynpro status from the ABAP dynpro processor. There should be this information available, as well. To debug this more precicely I think you have to enable System-debugging.

So better try the first one ;_)

Best wishes,

Florin