cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

While starting ECC6 installation(ABAP instance) i am getting the following error. Actually if I give the SID of previously installed ECC6 IDES I am getting this error. If i give a new SID(Different SID) it does not shows error.But i had clearly deleted the old installed IDES files in the server. Do i need to clear log anywhere else so that i can give the same SID and System number for my current installation. I had pasted the error log here.

INFO[E] 2009-05-11 13:55:22.409

FSL-02077 File system export (share) sapmnt does not exist.

ERROR 2009-05-11 13:55:23.580

FJS-00003 TypeError: dir_profile has no properties (in script NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind, line 13806: ???)

ERROR 2009-05-11 13:55:23.674

MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: executing JS script failed.

ERROR 2009-05-11 13:55:24.721

FCO-00011 The step getSID with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_GetSidNoProfiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|getSID was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: executing JS script failed.).

INFO 2009-05-11 13:59:29.236

An error occured and the user decided to retry the current step: "|NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_GetSidNoProfiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|getSID".

Kindly suggest me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sapmnt does not exist.

sapmnt needs to be created before kicking the installation. /usr/sap needs to be shared as sapmnt and saploc.

This info is on the installation guide.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

I am starting the installation here in this server from scratch, i guess after giving the SID SAP itself will create USR\SAP folder and it gives permissions. I am getting the error in the SID step itself, if i give previously installed SID name I am getting the error and if i give a different sid it is going for next step.

My old SID was I06 and if i give I06 as my SID in this installation i am getting error and if i give as some other SID it is going to next step.

Kindly suggest me.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, you are installing a second instance?.... if thats the case you need to choose a different SID for obvious reasons or uninstall the previous system if its not in use or is there to be scraped/replaced before calling the installation with the same SID.

In any case sapmnt needs to be set for /usr/sap regardless of the SID.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

I am not installing second instance, I guess i am not clear with my previous post.

Actually SAP was installed already in this server. We are now crashed the installed SAP and installing a new server. In this new installation if i give the old SID of previously installed version i am getting above mentioned error. If i give different SID i am getting no error in the SID step in the installation master.

Now i need to give the old SID number for my current installation, but i am getting the error.

I think this time i am clear with my query.

Regards,

Rakesh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.... got it.

So did you uninstall the "crashed" system completely before trying the new installation?... obviously the system is finding info related to the old installation that is preventing the new one to use the same SID. if you have deleted all the data most likely you won't be able to use SAPINST to remove the old instance so check that all the environmental variables and entries in the registry related to the previous installation are gone before trying it again.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

I had deleted all the installed files, can u say me any specific place to delete the old installed files.

I had uninstalled SAP properly.If any specific files pls tell me so that i can delete those files also.

Regards,

Rakesh.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I mentioned before remove the entries related to the latest SAP installation from the registry (I presume you're running windows).... for this you can use REGEDIT... (but be careful if you don't know your way around it you can cause problems with the OS)... Also check the environmental variables and remove any entries related to the old installation.

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

First do uninstall option which is available in same DVD.U can also uninstall DB if it is created during

installation.Check environment variable.

I faced many times this type of error. it can be resolved but better u go to fresh OS installation then start sap.

Surendra Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is better to start from O/S so the registry will be cleaned.

regards,

Muralidhar