Claim processing - Financial processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on claim processing and know about it as below

1. Create Claim

2. Plan cost to it manually or by using costing variant

3. Assign the vendor/contractor as a partner

3. Approve the claim

I understood that there is one BADI, which if activated then system will create Internal Order once claim is approved. Now i am confused about the following -

1. The claim can be for collecting/taking cost from the contractor. It is like debiting the cost to WBS element. How this financial transation is carried out?

2. The claim can be for paying the amount to consumer or contractor for any damages to them or lapse of the contractual terms. This scenario is crediting the cost on WBS element

Can anybody guide me on how the above scenario works into SAP i.e. How the internal order is processed further to capture the above requirements.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am getting the same scenario ... approved cost in claim should get updated on WBS element as a planned cost but in my case in standard system the cost on WBS element is not appearing !!

How you were able to solve this problem ?

Regards,

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Claim handling.

You can create the notification in CLM1 Transaction.

The different types of notifcation are Internal Claim & External Claim.

The Patner types are Vendor & Customer.

Here you can create the notification & Assign the WBS to that claim.If it is internal or external claim the WBS will get credited or debited accordingly.

Here you can give the reference Purchase documnet Or the Sales documnet for the claim where the Customer or vendor will copied automatically from the documnet.

If it is vendor then your claiming from vendor to your company.

If customer then you are giving the claim to customer.

Both will get updated to WBS automatically.

Here the Approval scenario also available.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the nice reply. I have few queries on this -

As you mentioned when the claim is created with the WBS reference and when it is approved the cost in claim should get updated on WBS element as a planned cost but in my case in standard system the cost on WBS element is not appearing.

Then you have mentioned about creation of the sales order or purchase order - What is the purpose of creating these documents? (Here my question is that what is the need of creating PO or Sales order seperately and then give the reference of the claim to it, which in term gets the reference of the WBS element inside the claim - Instead why cant we create PO/sales order directly and assign it directly to the WBS element which will take care of the accounting documents).

One more question is that how an internal and external claims identify the payment to be made (i.e. Debit or credit or vice versa).

Waiting for your reply please.

Thanks