cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check for current user type updating an existing marketing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can anyone enlighten me on the above? Basically I will like to control who can create or update a marketing document (Super User can, but Normal User can't).

I could query the user type of the user whom is creating the marketing document. But how can I query the user type of the user whom is "Updating" the marketing document?

Much Thanks!

Warmest Regards,

Chinho

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

By applying authorizaton to sales / purchase modules u can control creation &

updates of marketing documents,

If u want to specifically control creation & updation of documents in header & row level,

then apply document ownership authorizations.

Check this link for detailed documentation

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_HIER_KEY=701100035871000371280&_OBJECT=01...;

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeya,

Actually my intention is to control selling price in AR Sales Order. And I do the control by modifying the SP_Notification stored procedure. My problem now is that, whenever a SUPERUSER tries to "Update" an order that was created by a Normal User, the selling price control will be validated(instead, it should skip the validation), basically because Im checkin for the UserSign column in the ORDR table.

Is there any way I can check the account type of the user whom is "Updating" the document?

Any other advice?

Much Thanks in Advance!

Warmest Regards,

Chinho

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seperate SP code for adding & updation,In updation,

Change SP_Notification stored procedure code to

include usersign & OUSR.SUPERUSER = 'Y' in condition.

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Correct me if Im wrong. The usersign column is only updated during insertion, during update, the usersign will not change. So you mention during updation, check for usersign and OUSR.usertype will not work as usersign will still reflect the user that "created" this document.

I wish to capture the user "updating" this document.

Thanks again!

Warmest Regards,

Chinho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the UserSign2 field in your marketing document table to check for users updating that document.

Use the UserSign field for users creating that document.

Warmest Regards,

Chinho