cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Construction industry doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

my company is in the construction industry and are implementing ecc6. they make buildings and facilities for the oil and gas sector.

the general process is that we receive a RFQ from the client, we bid and if we win the bid will be issued a PO.

i wanted to know what will be the SD process(correct me if i am wrong), which i presume will be

inquiry, quotation, sales order with DIP with WBS assignment which will create a WBS in PS or will it be a that once a project structure and WBS once created in PS will create SAles order?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps to be followed in Construction industry......

1. Once you received the PO u have to create Quotation in T Code VA21.....

2. Then Create Project Structure in PS Module (which includes all WBS elements).

3. Assign WBS element to Sales order Item. (PS module will create WBS, only assignment of WBS has done in SD

4. Create Sales Order With the Ref to Quotation.

5. Create Billing Document.

Thanks & Regards,

Ratish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patil,

Thanks for your reply, it has been helpful. i had a doubt, where u had mentioned that the i need to create a quotation once i recieve the P.O, because once i get the P.O i will create a Sales Order rather than creating a quotation.

Actually what is the process for creating the Quotation, which is submitted to the client to actually get the project from point of view of SD-PS.

i want to link the bidding procedure and its result to the quotation.

regards,

anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yah u can create sales order rather then creating Quotationu2026.

But there is problem if you create directly sales order then when you want to bill to customer that every time u have to create sales orderu2026.

It better to create on quotation or Contract so it will be tracked you all transaction u2026

Thanks & Regards,

Ratish

Answers (0)