cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execution of Mapping in Design time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a tab named "Test" in Message Mapping/Operations Mapping to test our mapping . When we perform a test here at design time itself which component or engine executes this . My supposition is that we are still at design time and none of the ID objects were created .

Regards,

Sarat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The mapping tool generates Java source code from the graphical mapping description, which is then compiled and packed in a JAR file that the Integration Engine executes at runtime.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Dear Experts,

>

> We have a tab named "Test" in Message Mapping/Operations Mapping to test our mapping . When we perform a test here at design time itself which component or engine executes this . My supposition is that we are still at design time and none of the ID objects were created .

>

> Regards,

> Sarat

Mapping is part of your integration engine. The mapping is executed on your J2EE engine (except ABAP Mapping)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shabharish,

Thanks for your reply . But the Integration Engine is a runtime component and my question is how can this execution be done at design-time itself by IE ?

Regards,

Sarat

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The J2EE engine executes the mapping (the compiled class) but when you do the individual test you will not be able to access any runtime attributes/ parameters as it gets instantiated during runtime only. But the transformation test will run based on the rules defined.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c3/e3072e65f04445a010847aa970b68b/frameset.htm

read through that link for more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mapping editor will execute the message mapping at the time of testing.It will generate java code for message mapping and compile and excute. Mapping editor comes in J2EE engine.

For more details..

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/c3/e3072e65f04445a010847aa970b68b/content.htm]

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Edited by: prakasu on May 11, 2009 1:17 PM