cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System ask for recursive BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

To SAP GURU,

I have 1 problem in master ecipre .I have halb( SFG-1 ) which is having 2 halbs ( SFG-2 & SFG-3 ). Again this 2 halb is having their multilevel bom .respectvely .SFG-2 is having co product ( Co po -1 ) which is again input in SFG-1 .

Now when i am saving recipe of SFG-1 system ask me that SFG-2 mat code is recursive & for also co product system ask me about recursive .Now unless & untill i will click on recursive allowed system dont allow me to save the recipe .Even if i saved recipe by clicking on recursive allowed in mrp run system not explode the BOM of SFG-2 .

Only when header material is used in bom compnent then only bom will be recursive but in my case even if i have not used header material in any of my bom component still system ask me abaut recursive ..So can u tell me is i am missing some where or some solution is their Now i am trying to solvr it by SAP notwes 161742.( Or any latest SAP note is available )

Please tell me is their any valid solution .

SANIL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

While creating BOM if u tried the same component in item of BOM which is Header of the BOM that time u will get message as a BOM is recursive that is "A Bom is recursive if the product contains a component that has the same object no as the product.

Please refer this link for,

[Recursive BOM |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/ea/e9b3aa4c7211d189520000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Hope it will work for you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

To dear brahmankar I have gone thro your link still i am noy able to solve my problem .Is their any setting in custamizing that i missing

please get me back .

SANIL

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sanil,

what ever you mentioned is true , the only problem you are facing error is related to BOM level.

SFG-2 and its co product ( Co po -1 ) you are putting in same BOM level ( ie in the BOM of SFG-1 )thats why you are getting this error.

as Co Po-1 will be produced after the production of SFG-2 so it can be at lower level where SFG-2 is maintained.

Think on it , its logiocaly correct , your co product can be produced before your main product.

Check out and revert back.

Regards

Ritesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks,

thread closed

Regards

SANIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Recurssiveness need not be to a particular BOM. once activated it is allowed for all the BOM that are being created in the plant.

You are only looking at your BOMs. check other BOMs also. there could be some other situation where this header material is used some where. Then also you may get the same error message.

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sanil,

Check the header sfg code no is come in child parts in bom.

please remove the item codes & make the bom.

--Narayan Ugale

former_member335796
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether "Followup Material" for discontinaution is maintained in some of the components?

In that case also, system checks for Recursiveness..if this happens to be the header material..

Regards,

Siva