cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Export and Tables in Form Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to pass the internal table from the driver program to smartform and I have created the table type also.

Now In the smartform, under form interface tab I can use either import or tables option to declare a internal table of the same table type and can access the internal table values here.

so what is the difference between import and tables option???

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kiruthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For import parameter:

ABAP associated type for an interface parameter. The associated type must be a global Dictionary type or exist in a type pool. In the latter case, the type pool must be declared in the function group.

Note that you cannot use types from type pools for RFC-enabled function modules.

When assigning a type using the LIKE typ method, you cannot use types from type pools either.

Additionally you can use the internal ABAP types C, I, N, X, P, D, T, F, and the TABLE type - to an extent in generic form.

You can find further information about this in the Function Builder manual and in the ABAP online documentation under the keyword "Types".

Tables:

It is additionally with header line .

Thanks,

Suma.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to pass the internal table from the driver program to smartform

As u said , if u use table in form interface then only all data in int table of driver program will be passed to SF(multiple lines).

Import parameter can do same but only single record.

After this u have to declare wa of this type in global definition for using into loop.

Hope this will help

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You use the IMPORT tab ...you need to declare the variable using the Table Type only and table would be without headerline.

If you use the Table tab...you can declare table using Table type/Structure and table declared will be with header line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply..Its make me to get some idea..

It would be helpful to me if you could tell me why we should use the table without headerline in import and with header in tables??