Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.10 problem

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a problem in SAP GUI 7.10 after installation of SAP GUI 7.10 using "SAPGUISETUP.exe"

when I click SAP Logon icon SAP Logon710 window appear and there is no item in the description area. when I click the "New Item"

"SAP Shortcut Properties" window appear what value I fill in the "Start Parameters" & "Client" fields

In "System Description" field display only "(Other System)".

What should I do?

Please help me

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

I am already install Loopback Adapter,Oracle9ipatch,Central Instance,Database Instance,SAPGUI7.10patch12 install successfully.

Create NewItem-> Application Server(i.e Machine Name)+Machine #(i.e Instance#)->Finish

Logon username(i.e. sap*)+password and login successfully.

Now what's Next??? :?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps I am missing something more in this thread, but if you were able to setup the server, instance, and all required info into the Logon Pad, then get prompted for a userid and password and you can sucessfully logon as sap*... doesn't that resolve your SAP GUI issue? Is there something more that you are looking to do now that you are able to access SAP?

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Member

Purpose of writing all those steps is done my self .One last step where I am stuck up is getting SAPGUI7.10 patch and create new item and logon not a single one guide me these following steps:

Create NewItem-> Application Server(i.e Machine Name)+Machine #(i.e Instance#)->Finish

Logon username(i.e. sap)+password*

Every one told me go there / check this link or that link / you didn't know this or that no one show me the two line I mentioned above that solve my problem.

So what is the purpose of this forum if no one help the beginners like me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Iskhan

Did you read the help ( F1 ) of the Saplogon as i answered your before?

There you find the information for

Create NewItem-> Application Server(i.e Machine Name)+Machine #(i.e Instance#)....

But now we do'nt understand, what or where the really problem is...

Please ask the correct questions. Then we can answer the question also correctly.

best regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have started the saplogon please press F1 for the online Help of the saplogon. There you will find all information you need!

Also PLEASE look into our Frontend InstallatioN Guide which you will find in the DOCU folder of you source CD ! There you will find all answers.

Best Regards, Sven

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was the installation successful? Have you installed the Gui patch also. Please restart your machine after the installation and then try.

Regards,

Subhash

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

Loopback Adapter,Oracle9i+patch,Central Instance,Database Instance install successfully.

How I find patch?, there are three setup files 1) SAPBISetup 2)SAPGUISetup 3) SAPSetupALL

I run SAPGUISetup.exe and I run NWCheckInstServer.exe then click "Check Server" it show your server install successfully.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

GUI Patch comes seperately, The current patch level is 13. You can see in this forum SAP GUI section. It is available for download.

Regards,

Subhash

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

It required login & Password

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Obviously OSS access required to download the software

Regards,

Subhash

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

I install patch from following site:

ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/java/710r8

but no result. what up next?

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you mean to say You want to create a shortcut for a SAP system, if yes then it reads the system name from GUI itself you have to define the system under System tab in Sap Gui then you will be able to see the system list into Shortcut Menu

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

WOW , you mix all things ))

1) ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/java/710r8 it's the JAVA gui 710 rev 8 (not patch for win gui)

2) NWCheckInstServer.exe it's for Installation server not for GUI frontend.

3)

"SAP Shortcut Properties" window appear what value I fill in the "Start Parameters" & "Client" fields
In "System Description" field display only "(Other System)"

you need to go systems tab not shortcuts , first go to systems and after press on NEW ITEM

in any case you have wizard started first, press on next .

Regards.