cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval of Appropiration Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

This is regarding Investment Management. Request all of you to kindly help on this.I have created an Appropriation Request and would like to proceed further.I ahvent defined any Partners and havent activated any approval workflows. Still in the control data tab page, i can see the For Approval button. The moment i click it system says "No workflo approver:correct your entry". I dont want to approve the appropriation request thru any workflow.

Just wanted to know how can i approve the request manually and proceed further. I dont wish to use any Partner defintions etc..

Kindly revert.

Thanks & Regards,

Gokul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Anybody got the answer please? Waiting for your replies.

Regards,

Gokul Pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

In OITN you can see at top component with a yellow folder such as FA IM-FA-IA, under that you will see different tasks starting with TS and followed by some numbers, under that you will see work flow template starting with WS and followed by some numbers like Approve App request and finally you will see workflow event like BUS2104 TO_BE_APPROVED against that in last column you will have a Detail view symbol. Click on that and there you can activate or deactivate the event linkage.

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarang,

Thanks a lot for that good explanation..Worth giving points and have done so...request you to help me out in one more thing. The query is as follows,

When i click the Variants tab and try creating a cost estimate, system says "Inconsistency between currency type 30 and currency EUR". What exactly is the problem??I was able to create appropriation requests before without encountering any error like this.

Kindly help.

Thanks & Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chk you Grp currency settings in OB22 for your company code. I guess your company code currency is EUR.

Usually in multple company codes we maintain Co code n grp currency. Pls talk with your FI consulatnt and he can help you

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

I had already checked that and things are fine there. The 1st Local Currency is the company code currency and the 2nd local currency is INR with currency type as "Group Currency". Unfortunately i am not authorised to change that. However i have known the root cause and would like to close the thread.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please see the folowing link for your query , as you may find it helpful :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/2a/f9fefd493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

for manual approval you can also change the status to "approved" in the master data transaction. However, this is no longer possible once approval levels have been defined for the appropriation request and the approval workflow has been activated in Customizing.

Procedure

1. Go to the master data for the appropriation request variant that should be approved (Approp. request ---> Change --> Variants).

2. Select the variant you want using double click.

3. Set the status of the variant to "approved" (Edit ® Status)

Thanks ,

Dhruv Kumar Malhotra

Edited by: Dhruv Kumar Malhotra on May 11, 2009 8:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhruv,

Thanks for your reply mate but i have already gone through the help file but could not find it useful. My requirement is simple. I want to manually approve the appropriation request without using any workflow process. When i create the appropriation request i am not specifying any partner functions neither have i maintained any Partner determination procedure.

Please let me know how i can succcessfully carry out this transcation. If theres any config that i need to make do let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is work flow is activated in your case.

I think if the workflow is not activated then there is no need to get the AR Approved through SAP Mail Box and it can be approved from the IMA12 T code

Go to OITN T code and Deactivate the event linking if it is activated at your end.

Hope your problem gets solved.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I have not activated work flow neither have i activated the event linking for approval..However when am creating an Appropriation request, in the control data tab page the button besides the system status shows as "For Approval". If i click this system says no approver defined-correct your entry.

Secondly request you to explain how to deactivate the event linking. I tried following ur previous thread but cud not get thru..

Since i could not deactivate the event linking i though of configuring again without activating the workflow and proceedign with creation of Appropriation request. Still i find that the button besides the system status says "For Approval". I could not proceed further since i am facing another issue now.

When i click the Variants tab and try creating a cost estimate system says "Inconsistency between currency type 30 and currency EUR". What exactly is the problem??I was able to create appropriation requests before without encountering any error like this.

Request you to help out on this.

Regards,

Gokul Pillai