cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

component ID not defined in the configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a entirely new component (PAR file) and uploaded the same (System Administrator> Support>Support Desk --> Portal Runtime --> Administration Console --> Archive Uploader).

I also got the confirmation message like "Application successfully stored in the PCD".

Now, through

System Administrator> System Configuration> Knowledge Management --> User Interface > Mapping> Component,

I created a new mapping, gave the name of the java class i was refering to along with the path as required.

I also got the confirmation messgae like "Object has been saved and activated ".

Now, when I try to use the newly registered class name in any component's specification, like in "components" parameters (System Administrator> System Configuration> Knowledge Management-->User Interface --> Settings >Layout Set-> <search for the desired result renderer> --> advanced options --> "Components"),

I get the error message : " <class name within the newly uploaded component> is not a component ID that is defined in the configuration".

Any ideas regarding the same ???

If you must have more details, then i must specify that i am trying to alter the functioning of standard "SearchHeaderComponent". Since i cannot alter the standard JARs and PARs, I created a completely new PAR file with a new name and altered the "SearchHeaderComponent" file to suit my requirements. I saved the altered file with new name so as not to override the original file.

I uploaded this new PAR file with new name ( with altered "SearchHeaderComponent" in the "km.appl.ui.flex.component_core.jar." in the "com.sap.km.cm.ui.flex" component.)

Be assured that no where, any standard file has been over-ridden or tampered. Only copies have been worked upon and then uploaded with new names.

Edited by: Neeraj Tiwari on May 11, 2009 8:15 AM

Edited by: Neeraj Tiwari on May 11, 2009 8:17 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos