cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset the"non nwdi deployment flag" to recognise to be NWDI control system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the process of upgrading my CRM 5.0 (ABAP+JAVA) DEV system to CRM 6.0 and was able to succesfully upgrade it.

However, my CRM system is NWDI controlled and during the upgrade I have chosen the option of NWDI controlled system (DEV).

After the succesful upgrade, I was in the process of upgrading to the latest the SP stack which is SPS5 for CRM 6.0 from SAP through JSPM and it errored out on me, when I select the NWDI (DEV) controlled system option.

The error logs where not very clear.

I went ahead and selected No NWDI control system, to upgrade my JSPM from current SP12 to SP17, and was succesfull in that as well.

However, when I come back to JSPM it does not give me an option to select the NWDI controlled systems anymore.

Is there a way to reset the flag "to recognise it as an NWDI controlled system". I have applied the note # 1147113 but of no help also it says this issue has been fixed in JSPM SP14.1 where as I am at JSPM SP17.2 but still no luck.

Has anyone come across this issue, or any suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth/Angela,

Thank you for your reply.

I checked the JSPM logs, and it does not say anything about the system being a runtime system in NWDI.

Do you know where in the DB is it picking it from to be non-nwdi system and if I can change it?

It gave me the option of selecting if it was NWDI controlled system. And when said yes after the upgrade it was giving me an error.

Then I decided to upgrade the JSPM from SP12 to SP17.2, and hence selected "non-NWDI controlled system" and since then it does not give me an option to select.

I think its not the DB because, I restored my DB before I did the JSPM upgrade and its still giving me the same issue.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Hi Dheerendra,

In recent versions JSPM detects automatically if the system is under NWDI control and what is its role.

In JSPM UI the radio buttons for NWDI role selection were replaced with a message that says what is the NWDI role of the system. This is in Select Package Type dialog.

You can see this also in JSPM_MAIN*.LOG. Search for "NWDI".

Best regards,

Petar

prashb
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dheerendra,

Starting with JSPM NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) SP14, the option to select NWDI type was removed from JSPM UI. JSPM should be able to detect the NWDI type of the system from the database.

Please check in the log file, as per Angel.

Regards

Prashanth

0 Kudos

Hello,

JSPM automatically detects whether your system is under NWDI control and this should be displayed in an UI. However you can check JSPM log files and to look for a message something like:

u201CThe NWDI role of this system is development/consolidation.u201D / u201CThe NWDI role of this system is test/production.u201D

Or if JSPM canu2019t detect NWDI role message like

u201CThis system is not under NWDI control.u201D Or

Best Regards,

Angel