cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.E. back and forward buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is anyway of capturing when a user presses the standard back and forward I.E. buttons. Or stopping this functionality alltogether

thanks in advance

Regards

Mart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Someone at our client site removed all the standard buttons from our BSP. Then I added the disableBackspaceNavigation attribute of the HTMLB:DOCUMENT tag. This stopped the ability to go back via the backspace key. Although the end users can still right click and click back but just don't tell them that

Cheers,

Rich

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The trick is :

<script language=JavaScript>history.forward()</script>

You can find my weblog at

/people/sergio.ferrari2/blog/2005/04/18/bsp-howto-back-navigation--the-nightmare-of-statefull-web-applications

sergio

P.S.

Delta Handling causes problems also to the trick...

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Someone posted a similar weblog some time back in the BSP area. You might look back through the old weblogs.

It is possible, as it has been done for Web Dynpro ABAP. When you press the back button you get a dialog scolding you and then you are returned to the same spot. This was a rather complex solution however and I have never dug deep into the framework coding to look at how it was done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that, managed to find the weblog and have solved my problem by simply adding the following javaScript code into my document head section.

<script language=JavaScript>history.forward()</script>

If anyone is interested the weblog address is /people/sergio.ferrari2/blog/2005/04/18/bsp-howto-back-navigation--the-nightmare-of-statefull-web-applications

Regards

Mart

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mart,

the back and forward button are using the history object. It is not possible to change this object with javascript. As far as I know it is not possible to stop this functionality.

The only way, if possible, is to start a browser-session without the navigation toolbar.

Hope that helps

Best regards

Renald