Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Forms - table display

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to show some values in the form of table, in ADOBE form in HCM. Please tell me the process if possible with an e.g.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On the config side, you form fields should all be of "line type" or fields that you are controlling (via generic services) that have multiple fieldindex values. On the form side, you use the table control (or the "insert table" wizard). Just like regular form fields, you will bind each cell to your fields as needed. For the table control , you can set min/max rows. It will handle the rest (basically, cycles through the "count" of your fields to display them all). Pretty simple stuff.

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply, but your reply works fine if i am working on WD. Here i am working on HCM forms where we have to use ISR controls. In ISR native controls there is no option for table. Thats why wanted to know how to insert the table. If i use the table from standard control it doesnt work. is there any other way ?

Thanks, Nikhil

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok....let's try this again.....all I work in these days it seems is HCM P&F, so yes, this is aimed at doing it with HCM P&F....

In the top menu within the LiveCycle Designer, select Tables -> Insert Table. Then from the pop-up window, select the radio button "Create Table Using Assistant". This will walk you through the basic layout of your table (header, body, footer, etc). Once the table is on your form, bind each CELL to your fields. Again, you can set min/max rows and such. That's about it.

It is VERY simple and you can make it much more complex. One of my forms now is like a "mini-PA30" to display and edit wage types....so yes, I know it works.

Play with it a bit and you will get it. Don't make it harder than it is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I'm also struggling with tables in HCM P&F....

Maybe you could help me out??

What are my requirements?

I need a (dynamic) table to send back entered data to the back-end. This data is evaluated in my generic services.

Initially the table should display just one single row. The user would be able to add or delete rows in the table.

How can I map to this table? Is there a possibility for dynamic mapping?

Can I map not just at field level but also at a structure / table type level??

It looks to me that you really need to create a separate field in the Form Scenario customizing for each cell to be bound in the table, am I correct?

Also this would mean in my case that I should predefine the table including the mapping at design-time and manipulate (hide rows) at runtime, am I correct again??

I hope you can give me a hint with this one.....

Many thanks in advance!

Miroslav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I noticed that you seem to be quite knowledgeable in the HCM P&F space. I have a project requirement for a form that has got me stuck for days now, so I was wondering if you could help.

The form in question is a statement of allowances (recording overtime), which ideally will allow the user to enter in any overtime within a fortnight. For each day in the fortnight, they are to be able to enter in any number of infotype 2010 records. As such, the layout requires a table with the columns being the 14 days, and the rows being the 2010 records (based on wagetypes).

As the user is able to enter in any amount of 2010 records for each day, the table needs the ability to grow dynamically. I have no problem doing this in the Adobe form itself, but my issue right now is defining the fields for the form.

As I understand it, there are some infoypes (such as 0041 and 0008) that are able to be defined in the form scenario fields as a line type. This will allow multiple instances of that infotype to be created/updated. However, since 2010 does not have this option, I am only able to define a single instance of that infotype.

I am still fairly new to this framework, and I did play around with generic services to see if I could define my structure there and map it across to the form, but so far I have not been successful. I was hoping to be able to define a table of type p2010 and pull it across to be used in the form.

My issues in summary are as follows:

1. Need to define a table/structure of type p2010 to be used in the form

2. As the number of rows in the table will only be specified at runtime, how do I map the cells to the corresponding fields?

Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful.

Joanna

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joanna, Please raise a new question for this. I am sure you will get reply for this. The solution is quite simple i will myself give you the solution. In HCM forms you have to pass the index numbers to define fields in a table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I have requirement in my form.

where i will be adding a row to a table dynamically when ever user clicks on the add row button.

pleae let me know how can i achieve this.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joanna,

I have requirement in my form.

where i will be adding a row to a table dynamically when ever user clicks on the add row button.

pleae let me know how can i achieve this.

Thanks,

Santosh

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please raise a new question for th is issue. thanks

Answers (0)