cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery not created in make to order cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am in the make to order process scenario and facing problems while creating a delivery after production order has been confirmed. The steps followed are

1. i create an order with M1 and quantity 100 - T code : VA01

2. i create a sales order BOM for the sales order created above and using material M1 - T cose : CS 61

3. This is followed by a production cycle - planned order, production order and confirmation with lot size of 7.

4. as one production order of size 7 is confirmed, the stock is generated of quantity 7 for the material M1. using MMBE i can see the stock being created.

5. Now as i go and try and create the delivery against order created in step 1, i get the error and that "No schedule lines due for delivery up to the selected date".

6. When i check my order in display mode, under schedule line it shows M1 with order quantity as 100 and confirmed quantity as 0.

Could you please advise if after the confirmation of production order, the schedule line in order will show quantity 7 and if i can delivery against it. Or is there any other way of creating the delivery.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In MTO scenario the following happens:

1. Sales Order is created - standard requirements type determined is KE which fetches requirements class 040. The requirements class 040 has controls for MTO & special stock indicator will have entry as "E-orders on hand".

2. After MRP is run the system will transfer the requirements to PP, a planned order will be created which is then converted into a production order.

3. After running the production cycle the goods will be transferred to the finished goods storage location.

4. Now when you check in the transaction code MMBE the system will show the material stock & under the sales order stock only.

5. But when you check the sales order -- line item schedule line, the system displays the confrimed quantity as "zero".

Explanation:

You created sales order for item A - 100 Quantities. Production was completed for 20 quantities. System shows sales order stock of 20 quantities only.

When you had created a sales order for item A the system after running the availability check would have determined a delivery date by way of which it would have shown you say 2 different schedule lines as under

Delivery Date.............Order qty............Rounded Qty...........Confirmed Qty

01/05/2009...................100......................100............................0

15/05/2009.....................0.........................0.............................100

The second date the system determines taking into consideration the inhouse manufacturing time specified by you in the material master (MRP2 screen) & the other settings which aare applicable for the checking group specified in the material master.

On 15/05/2009, if you create a delivery, the system will allow you to create the delivery irrespective of the stock in the plant. But at the time of post goods issue you will face a quantity deficit error.

If the goods are received in the finished goods storage location before 15/05/2009 say on 10/05/2009, the system will not update the schedule line automatically & when you try to create a delivery the system will display the error "no schedule lines due for delivery".

Solution:

Transaction code VA02 - select the sales order number - double click on the line item - go to schedule lines - here click on the button "Item Availability" or press "Ctrl + F5" to run the availability check. As you have stock of 7 quantity, the system will display 7 quantity on the curretn date. Select the option delivery proposal to continue. Now the system will show 2 schedule lines as under

Delivery Date.............Order qty............Rounded Qty...........Confirmed Qty

01/05/2009...................100......................100............................0

10/05/2009.....................0.........................0..............................7

Save the sales order & then create a delivery. The system will not give any error.

Note: You have to manually confirm the quantities for a make to stock sales order in case if the goods are received before the delivery date specified by the system.

With best regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Idhasoft Ltd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In MTO scenario the following happens:

1. Sales Order is created - standard requirements type determined is KE which fetches requirements class 040. The requirements class 040 has controls for MTO & special stock indicator will have entry as "E-orders on hand".

2. After MRP is run the system will transfer the requirements to PP, a planned order will be created which is then converted into a production order.

3. After running the production cycle the goods will be transferred to the finished goods storage location.

4. Now when you check in the transaction code MMBE the system will show the material stock & under the sales order stock only.

5. But when you check the sales order -- line item schedule line, the system displays the confrimed quantity as "zero".

Explanation:

You created sales order for item A - 100 Quantities. Production was completed for 20 quantities. System shows sales order stock of 20 quantities only.

When you had created a sales order for item A the system after running the availability check would have determined a delivery date by way of which it would have shown you say 2 different schedule lines as under

15/05/2009.....................0.........................0.............................100

The second date the system determines taking into consideration the inhouse manufacturing time specified by you in the material master (MRP2 screen) & the other settings which aare applicable for the checking group specified in the material master.

On 15/05/2009, if you create a delivery, the system will allow you to create the delivery irrespective of the stock in the plant. But at the time of post goods issue you will face a quantity deficit error.

If the goods are received in the finished goods storage location before 15/05/2009 say on 10/05/2009, the system will not update the schedule line automatically & when you try to create a delivery the system will display the error "no schedule lines due for delivery".

Solution:

Transaction code VA02 - select the sales order number - double click on the line item - go to schedule lines - here click on the button "Item Availability" or press "Ctrl + F5" to run the availability check. As you have stock of 7 quantity, the system will display 7 quantity on the curretn date. Select the option delivery proposal to continue. Now the system will show 2 schedule lines as under

10/05/2009.....................0.........................0..............................7

Save the sales order & then create a delivery. The system will not give any error.

Note: You have to manually confirm the quantities for a make to stock sales order in case if the goods are received before the delivery date specified by the system.

With best regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Idhasoft Ltd.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to VA02 and check the schedule line date. and secondly check wheather the stock is available or not for all materials as you are doing BOM with make to order. Finally check wheather you have created the special stock or not , But you might have not created the special stock , so go to MB1C and give the sales order number , movement type and give the special indicator and post the material document for 100pcs and then do the delivery

Also check in item category determination wheather the item category is getting determined or not , as you are doing BOM

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

you need to go back to your sales order and click on the "Check Item Availability" button to confirm the schedule lines. when this has been done, you could create deliveries, but the date should not be earlier than the confirmation date.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Folks. As for the stock i checked that the item has been posted to sales order stock only.

Jonathan, i tried clicking the "check item availability button" in order but that takes me to a screen : "Planned Independent Requirements Assignment: which is a read only screen with confirmed quantity as 0. I click the "continue" button and come back to the Schedlue Line tab and still the confirmed quantity is zero. Hence i am unable to to create delivery.

Would appreciate more suggestions / advice. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

When creating delivery availability check is done against the storage loc. Check in OVL3 what storage loc is assigned to the shipping point in your order. Also in MTO scenarios deliveries are usaully processed from a particular storage loc.

In MMBE check if sales order stoc is available against that storage loc. If stock is not available, then in MB1C, use MT 561 with special indicator E & post sales order stock in the plant & storage loc.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

the message referring to Planned Independent Requirements is very intriguing. if such occurs, then this sort of contradicts the Make-to-Order scenario. at least this is what i am guessing right now.

could you please enlighten us as to what MRP strategy/group/type and availability check settings are for this particular material? also, please inform us as to what schedule line category is being proposed.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

For BOM materials even fo the lower level items are not confirmed, the main item itself willnot be confirmed.

Also for MTO scenarios, you need to post the stock as sales order stock. Not as normal stock.

In MB1C, use the MT 561 with special indicator E to post the sales order stock & try. Also check if all the items are confirmed.

Regards,

Sivanand