cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create MDM repository from repository schema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have exported MDM repository from one MDM console schema and saved it. Now I am trying to create a Repository from a different MDM console using this Schema. I am getting the Error "ERROR LOADING FILE".

The versions of these MDM are different. Is this causing the failure? How can I overcome it?

regards,

MRao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

This can be the version mismatch issue if your repository version is higher than the destination MDM Server. It works fine for reverse case i.e. repository is on lower version and MDM Server is on higher version than the repository.

You can try this.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

This is an Un-usual error, which even I am facing. In my case there is no version mis-match. I am trying to take the Export the Schema from a rep in 1 MDM server and then importing into another rep in another server.

Hence it might not be a version issue.

However, check the following things in your case.

1. Check the Original repository for error and repair them if found any. Upload your repository with Updated indices. Export the schema out and save it on your desktop.

2. Try creating a new repository using Import Schema on the same MDM server and check if its still showing you an error.

3. Try importing the schema on an Existing repository on the same MDM server.

4. Try Importing the schema and create a new repository on a different MDMserver.

Please check it in a test environment and no need to press the OK button while Import schema. We just need to see if the Import schema windows opens.

If in any case, you do not find the error, then probably we can understand the clear reason of the Error.

If error still persists, then would advice you to raise an SAP ticket for the same.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tried option 3 the Error says "Invalid schema file" and the system is Hung!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Hope you have checked and verified the repository and then taken the Export schema.

Now, is it giving an error for creating a new repository out of that schema file??

If this is so, then advice you to raise an SAP ticket on that and provide them the details, so that they can get back with a solution on the same.

Hope it helps

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Please refer to the below thread where I think a similar problem has been answered now:

Try the solution. Might work.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just open the schema file in word pad. Delete all the XML schemas from this. These schemas are nothing but the schemas you loaded into your old repository and console does not read them as valid. after removing all the xml schemas, save the file and try to Import. It will surely work.

Regards,

Dheeraj