cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh UWL from ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a ABAP webdynpro which is launch from a work item. The work item is an action step.

In the webdynpro there would be a button, after the user had click on the button i would call the FM 'SAP_WAPI_EXECUTE_WORKITEM'. But the workitem is still in the UWL and the user can click on the workitem again and it would launch the Webdynpro again. Only when the user refresh the UWL then the workitem would disappear.

Is there a way to refresh the UWL after the user had click on the button in my ABAP Webdynpro, so that the workitem would disappear. Or make the workitem disappear from the UWL after the user click the button.

Thanks

Regards,

wl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually there is a refresh time set for the UWL, it will refresh after that.

You can have check in the Web Dynpro application whether the workitem is valid or not using

SELECT SINGLE wi_stat INTO lv_wistat FROM swwwihead

WHERE wi_id = workitemid AND

wi_stat NOT IN ('ERROR','COMMITTED','COMPLETED','CANCELLED').

if sy-subrc ne 0.

• throw an error that workitem is not exists.

endif.

Abhi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all. I've used Abhi solution to do a check on the status of the workitem before showing the content.

Thanks and Regards

wl

vishalc_kava
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

To control the refresh of UWL items, it can be done through portal for this you need to login with Admin rights in portal, Navigate to System Administration->System Configuration->Universal Worklist-Administration in that page Edit your relevent System Alias

set the value for this parameter "Delta Pull Channel Refresh Period (in Seconds):" save it and reregister the same.

This will set the refresh time for UWL Items.

Regards

Vishal