Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign user to role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is option to assign user to role in past tense e.g..

like assign user today but the from date will be last week ?

Best regards

Nina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you invented a time machine or did you accidentally install your system on a server in 1909?

Cheers,

Julius

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you invented a time machine or did you accidentally install your system on a server in 1909?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Very Funny

I don't understand why you like to scorn,do u think that this make you smarter ?

0 Kudos

If I found a way to make myself smarter, I would probably make use of it.

But backdating the assignment of a role does not seem to be a likely candidate...

I did think that you might have time zone problems (e.g. you have a Java system in an earlier later time zone which is using the ABAP system for it's UME...).

But a whole week (or more) seems irrational, so of course I suspected a theoretical question (time machine) or the consequences of a license key problem...

Can you clarify what the scenario and use-case is for this? If the quality of the question increases, the quality of the answers generally follow suite.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on May 10, 2009 10:56 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Nina,

If you don't say why you want to do something then it's very difficult to give you the best advice.

John has given you info on changing the dates in the UMR. depending on what you are trying to achieve, it might not be what you want.

Take the following scenario's:

- Someone tells you they made a change and you do not believe them. They set the assignment dates in the past.

- You told someone you had made a change and forgot to do it. You now want to send them a screenshot of the assignment dates so set them in the past when you allocate.

In both cases the change documents for the user will tell you the actual dates of assignment.

There may be other reasons, roles were allocated but no access? Roles needed user compare, profile for role was not generated. Role was missing field or org data etc. If we know what the reason is, we can give more info.

Cheers

Alex

0 Kudos

> You now want to send them a screenshot of the assignment dates so set them in the past when you allocate.

Even if you prevent them from accessing the change documents which will be created when the profiles are assigned, the user would still be alerted by the fact that the last changed on / by data on the role tab in PFCG shows your ID with the current date and time from a few moments before.

So you would need to dig your hole one spadefull deeper by thinking of taking a screen-shot before the change and then using MS Paint to "put PFUD back in the box"...

But perhaps this "scorn" is not appropriate and there is a legitimate reason behind this which we don't know of - I just cannot imagine what it could possibly be.

Please enlighten us Nina?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> Even if you prevent them from accessing the change documents which will be created when the profiles are assigned, the user would still be alerted by the fact that the last changed on / by data on the role tab in PFCG shows your ID with the current date and time from a few moments before.

Lots of ways to explain that one away ( I was just doing some clean up .......)

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you ever removed roles in SU10 from mass user id? This nonsense concept comes into picture (depending on the last used date of the users) sometimes. But the query you put in front of us is not feasible.

I am very eager to know the reason behind this idea. Please let us know.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Edited by: Dipanjan Sanpui on May 10, 2009 4:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> There is option to assign user to role in past tense e.g..

> like assign user today but the from date will be last week ?

>

> Best regards

> Nina

Are you trying to "frame" somebody for having access to a transaction from the past?

Yes, there is a way...

SU01->Roles->Enter Role->Enter Valid From (enter desired date ~ back date to past). Save and Voila!

Edited by: John Navarro on May 11, 2009 10:54 PM