cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting a message with payloads and distributing the payloads correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a WS - PI - WS scenario where I will receive several files attached as payloads to the SOAP message from a sending web service. On the receiving end, I have two web services that expect different set of files that are sent from the sender web service.

I can map & split the request message(xml) using graphical mapping, but how can I also play with the payloads? Lets say request message will remain same, and sender sends FileA and FileB, how can I achieve FileA to go to receiving WS1 and FileB to go to receiving WS2 attached to the original request message?

If this can be done by Java mapping, any example code would be really helpful. Thank you.

Regards

Gokhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

1. if you have PI 7.1 you can manipulate attachments in a mapping

with anything > PI 7.1 you cannot do it inside a mapping

2, if you have > PI 7.1 then you can always remove some

attachments in the receiver channel (but you will have to write

your own adapter module for that)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I'm using PI 7.1. Your answer was not really clear to me, please provide some more detail for me to understand. Are you saying that I can only achieve this by using a custom adapter module?

Regards,

Gökhan

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what Mike mentioned is that you can read attachments directly in the mapping itself (no need of a module) in PI 7.1 - http://help.sap.com/javadocs/pi/SP3/xpi/com/sap/aii/mapping/api/Attachment.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I will try it.

Regards,

Gökhan

Answers (0)