Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway - Next Empty Bin - Exceptional scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for help.

We have WM and HUM in one storage location.

There are two storage types u2013 High Rack and Bulk. High rack has four sections u2013 A, B, C & D. Bulk has three Sections u2013 E, F & G.

There are certain requirements while PUTAWAY u2013 strategy used I Next Empty Bin:

1. Some materials (CC1 & CC2) should NOT go to specific storage SECTION for example u2013 High Rack section C.

2. Some other materials (DD1 & DD2) should go only to specific storage section, for example u2013 High Rack Section A.

3. Some materials(EE1 & EE2) should NOT go some specific storage bins in a section, for example u2013 High Rack section B has hundred bins B001 to B100, then material should not go to specific bins say B010, B020, B030, B040, B050, B060, B070, B080, B090 & B100.

4. Some materials(FF1 & FF2) should ONLY go to some specific storage bins in a section, for example u2013 consider above example, High Rack section B has hundred bins B001 to B100, then material should ONLY go to specific bins say B005, B015, B025, B035, B045, B055, B065, B075, B085 & B095.

Please help me on all four cases as soon as possible.

Ravi Davda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhijit_sadhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

For reqmnts 1 &2 , you will have to maintain section indicators in WM1 view

1:After you have maintained section indicators in WM1 view , you can specify in the storage section search table and exclude the section C (OMLZ)

2: You can maintain section indicators in WM1 view and in your storage section search table, you can specify what sections are to be searched. In your case this will have only 1 entry ( of the desired section A), again OMLZ

3, 4 : You could possibly go for SUT management (if your business accepts that) and then via OMM1 you can define the acceptable bin type and Storage unit type combination's for specific bins. This way you could restrict certain materials going to only specific bins. if this is acceptable to your client, then you will have to implement SUM. you could find lot of thread in here that describe how to do that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

For cases 1 & 2, I have configured necessary settings in OLMZ and is working fine.

But what if there are more than one storage types.

In OMLZ - the configuration of Storage section indicator is in combination of Warehouse and Storage Type.

In our case we have two storage types - and in both the storage types same thing is required, henceforth two storage section indicators are to be configure.

I have configured two indicators - one for each storage type.

Please let me know, how to assign both of them in material master - WM view 1, as it has one field.

For cases 3 & 4, we have activated SUM. Please provide me more details on how to configure the bin part. Some materials to go in specific bins, and some material never go in specific bins.

If not complete config - please prodice node.

Best regards,

Ravi Davda

abhijit_sadhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

For 3&4: After you have activated SUM,

- you should also define in the storage type master data - SUT check active.

- Define SU types ( if your business has strict requirements, then its easier since you can easily define SUT types related to your material going to specific bins)

- If you dont have SUT's created or stringent need, then you can one create each for your scenario

- So if you go to OMM1 or LE-WM-strategies-Activate Storage bin type search. Here proceed in the specified sequence

-Here are you are creating SUT's and storage bin types

- you assign SUT to storage type (basically what SUT's are allowed in a storage type) , then assign bin type to SUT ( what bin type can hold what SUT)

- As a master date you should assign a storage bin type to each storage bin at bin creation

- In you material master WM2 view you define how palletization should occur ( basically how the material is carried with which SUT and a qty if there's a business need for the same)

So with the config for "Storage bin type search" the system finds information on which SUTs match which storage bin types. and then it searches for a subsequent storage bin type is restricted to the permitted storage bin types

So while doing putaway, based on your MM WM2 SUT, the system will try to putaway this material to a specific storage bin.

Im not clear on what is the need for entering 2 section indicators, as you cant do that to 1 material, however you can use the same section indicator with 2 diffn storage types in the search.

Thanks,