Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable/Disable Characteristics value assignment during Configuration in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a sales order which has to be configured using Variant Configuration.

During the configuration process, I want to restrict the value assignment by classes. Meaning I have 2 classes - one for GRP1 and another for GRP2.

During creation of sales order, I give the sales ppl authorization to class for GRP1, which allows them to do characteristics value assignment for all the characteristics in the class called GRP1. The other users are not allowed to change any values assigned in GRP1 but they can view the info in GRP1, these users can only configure whatever characteristics in GRP2.

I tried using authorization object C_TCLS_MNT.

Mentioned in the SU21,

C_TCLS_MNT Authorization for Characteristics of Org. Area object can be used.

Actvt : 23 Maintenance of characteristics for org. area allowed , any other value Display area only characteristics for org.

However, I am unable to assign any other value other than 23. It mentioned that any other value is Display but I am unable to assign the other value.

It seems to be that C_TCLS_MNT is not working. Even when I do not assign C_TCLS_MNT (disable it) but using C_TCLS_BER (with org area), it allows user to do everything (display and change).

Pls help.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Sue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdipanjan
Active Contributor

> I tried using authorization object C_TCLS_MNT.

> Mentioned in the SU21,

> C_TCLS_MNT Authorization for Characteristics of Org. Area object can be used.

> Actvt : 23 Maintenance of characteristics for org. area allowed , any other value Display area only characteristics for org.

>

> However, I am unable to assign any other value other than 23. It mentioned that any other value is Display but I am unable to assign the other value.

Please assign the value as ' ' (Single space included within single quote) to use "Any other value" option.

The other Objects can be used here are:

C_CLMM CLAS Mass Processing of Classifications

C_TCLA_BKA CLAS Authorization for Class Types

C_TCLS_BER CLAS Authorization for Org. Areas in Classification System

C_TCLS_MNT CLAS Authorization for Characteristics of Org. Area

Please check how many of these are present for the TCode you are using in TCode SU24 as Check/Maintain (or Check Indicator = Check & Proposal = Yes : If you are in ECC).

The activity 23 means "maintain"

Regards,

Dipanjan

5 REPLIES 5

sdipanjan
Active Contributor

> I tried using authorization object C_TCLS_MNT.

> Mentioned in the SU21,

> C_TCLS_MNT Authorization for Characteristics of Org. Area object can be used.

> Actvt : 23 Maintenance of characteristics for org. area allowed , any other value Display area only characteristics for org.

>

> However, I am unable to assign any other value other than 23. It mentioned that any other value is Display but I am unable to assign the other value.

Please assign the value as ' ' (Single space included within single quote) to use "Any other value" option.

The other Objects can be used here are:

C_CLMM CLAS Mass Processing of Classifications

C_TCLA_BKA CLAS Authorization for Class Types

C_TCLS_BER CLAS Authorization for Org. Areas in Classification System

C_TCLS_MNT CLAS Authorization for Characteristics of Org. Area

Please check how many of these are present for the TCode you are using in TCode SU24 as Check/Maintain (or Check Indicator = Check & Proposal = Yes : If you are in ECC).

The activity 23 means "maintain"

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your input.

I have no way of *assigning the value as ' ' (Single space included within single quote) to use "Any other value"* option as per your advise. This is because in the t-code PFCG, I am only given the choice of check/uncheck 23 for maintain. I cannot find a place where I can input my own value to indicate space.

Pls advise on how this can be done.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sue,

I have the same condition in my configuration , I have two groups of charateristic hardware and software.

did youfind a solutuin how to make one group read only for a user.

please guide me.

Regards

Dushyanth

0 Kudos

What is the transaction you are using? Also let us know the brief functional process if possible....

0 Kudos

have the same issue. I need to remove Activity 23 for C_TCLS_MNT in a Display Role. Dis you find a solution here? Thank you