Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Situation in Storage Location Determination

I have a scenario where I have to determine a different storage location based on the sales doc type. On searching the forum here I learnt that I should use USER EXIT to achieve this.

I want to know whether I can use situations to handle this scenario.

I am able to define situations. But where can I assign these situations? In SO or Delivery document?

Will be thankful if anybody helps me out in this issue regarding the 'situation'

Maheshwaran. I

hello, friend.

there is a way to determine storage location based on sales document type, without the need for enhancement. this requires at least 2 shipping points in your environment, and depends on your delivery requirements.

in general, storage location determination needs to identify the plant, shipping point and storage type. so you need to focus on the shipping point.

shipping point, in turn, is determined partly by the shipping conditon. the shipping condition is sourced from the customer master, manually entered, or pre-defined in the document type (using t-code VOV8). the setting in the document type supersedes all the other settings for proposal.

hope this helped you.

Edited by: jonathan y on May 11, 2009 10:42 AM

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question