cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Upload and Capitalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Need your experience and resposnse for the below issue.

After going thru forum details still I need to get clarification on the following asset load from legacy

The assets are as old as 1980 to 1990 and the transfer date is May 2008. So many assets crossed the useful life and the book value is 0 but the tax value are there .( Fiscal year variant in Company code ad Asset are same but not following calendar year.)

In AS 91 when tried to enter the Capitalization date as 1990 it looks for Fiscal year and error out as variant not maintained for 1990 (In company code FY variant is maintained only from 2007 .)

If I enter transfer date (2008) as capitalization date then the expired useful life calculation is not correct.

Can I change the capitalization date after loading the asset data. What will be the implications.

In AS91 the asset acqusition value has to be enetered as Postive or negative amount.

When to use OASV is after upload and the restting the asset GL account as Recon account ( Under production startup Menu) .

Regards,

Chitra

Edited by: Chitras on May 10, 2009 5:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The old fiscal years you can set-op in FI TC OB29

Expired use fulle live:

In the upload values in AS91 make the field Use fule live blanc, is then the recalculated based on the depreciation start date. There is no link to the capitlization date

AS91 you upload only the values in asset management

OASV you upload the total values from your G/L accounts. An other option is to use the transaction ABF1 for uploading the values, see SAP note 69225 or search on this forum with ABF1 how this transaction is working (no nee need to change the asset reconcilation account)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the repsobse,

As mentioned in the response Maintained FY Variant in OB29. It went thru upto depreciation area tab where the Dep start date is blank and the expired useful life also blank. Enetered the Dep Start date and expired useful life ( as the expired useful life ios manadatory field) . After accepting the values it throws of message that the FY year variant 'A5' for that year is not available. Also it is not clear why the system does not calculate the expired useful life of its own.

I am not sure where the FY variant comes into picture and am I missed out any piece of config?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard you use the fiscal variant from FI but it is possible to assign a different fiscal year to a depreciation area.

Transaction SPRO:

Financial Accounting / Asset Accounting / Valuation / Fiscal Year /Fiscal YearVariants

- Specify Other Versions on Company Code Level

- Specify Other Versions on Depreciation Area Level

When the fiscal year in asset accounting in asset accounting is the same as in FI don't fill this in.

The assignment in FI you can see with OB37

To change the fiscal year variant with OB29

When you fill in the asset the capitalization date then based on the depreciation key the depreciation start date is filled in and use full live is calculated. But when you change the depreciation start date the use full live is not recalculated. That is the reason that I make it blanc so that SAP can recalculate it based on the fiscal year variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay. I configures as you suggested. One is clear based on yr reply.In OB29 if I enter all the earlier years then it allows me to capitalize for those years .

Howver the Start day is blank but when I enter it does not calculate the remianing year.

How do I make the system to calculate the remaining year based on the start of the date in AS91 .

Thanks in advance and looking for your guidance.

Thanks, Chitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul.

Your answers paved a way to resolve the issue . However I do not want to calculate the expired UL manually but want the system to calulate based on start date of depreciation. If you could give m th thread how to make the system to calculate the same ? Which piece does the same ?

Awareded the points

Regards,

Chitras.

Answers (0)