cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dump errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i run the jobs they failed due to Shortdump errors.

What Does it mean?

Why it occurs?

How can we solve that problem?

Thanks.

Chandu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the job u r running..to which cube/ODS are u loading data..

At what stage of data load does it give a short dump?

What is the detailed message in the short dump text?

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running loan contract jobs to ODS.

The error says shortdump in source system.

Thanks.

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Short dump:In the background, some program will be running in the source system for extracting the data/whatever it is. Due to some problems the program will not work that time the program will raise an error mesage thats end with short dump.

Rectify: Go to the transaction ST22. analyse the error message and find out a solution...restart the job.

Specifies that an ABAP runtime error has occurred and the generated error messages are written to the SAP system database.

To call an analysis method,

choose Tools --> ABAP Workbench --> Test --> Dump-Analysis from the SAP Easy Access menu.

In the initial screen, you must specify whether you want to view today’s dump or the dump from yesterday. If these selection criteria are too imprecise, you can enter more specific criteria. To do this, choose Goto --> Select Short Dump

You can display a list of all ABAP dumps by choosing Edit --> Display List. You can then display and analyze a selected dump. To do this, choose Short Dump --> Dump Analysis.

Goto ST22 and post the error msg..

-Shreya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks a lot Shreya Reddy and Amit.

I solved my problem.

Cheers.

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

If ur prob has solved then pl's close the thread.

This is the was to say thanks here...

-Shreya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Here people have discussed about how to analyse the dump, just check out.....

/thread/107170 [original link is broken]

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw33/helpdata/en/c4/3a8083505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Also, pls provide complete error message what you get to get better understanding of the issue.

Hope it helps!!!!

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Short dumps may take place due to several reasons.

To overcome such issues, you need to go to ST22(Dump Analysis) & SM21 (System Log). Here you will find all the details why the short dump occured and what all steps you are required to take in order to overcome the issue.

Hope it helps!!!!

Amit