Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Backup

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am suffering from critical problem, I had taken backup of DEV system on Tape drive, and yesterday DEV server is crashed. When I trying to restore from the Tape, then unfortunately OS is not restore properlydue to some files are missing. then I have trying for another solution that, Install Fresh DEV system with same setting as per OLD DEV server like SID,Partition,password etc.

DEV server installed successfully, then I detach the Fresh Database, Also rename the USR folder as USER1 and then restore the database and USR folder from the Tape successfully. And the restart the server.

on restart the server, I have been trying to start instance from SAP MMC, then despatcher start for some time then stop. when i check the trace the file then i got the error is " The database principal 'dev' does not exist, its corresponding server principal does not have server access this type of principal cannot be impersonated, ... of principal cannot be impersonated, or you do not have permission"

OS- Windows 2003 and Database -SQL 2005

So please suggest me how to solve this problem.

Thanks

Ganesh

Edited by: ganesh borase on May 10, 2009 6:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Instead of following this approach, try to install new system with Homogeneoue System copy and during that restore the old backup.

This will solve your problem.

Thanks

Sunny

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody

Will you send me the step by step procedure for the same. I forgot to tell that, backup is taken by ntbackup.

So suggest me how to solve this problem

Thanks

Ganesh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to SAP on Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose you have taken offline backup. if yes, then install sap on target server, restore database files to appropriate location and see if it helps.

I think it will be helpful to you if you use standard system copy procedures as mentioned earlier

http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check homogeneous system copy guide []