cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while loading service Log Viewer

0 Kudos

After the successful installation of the actual sneak preview i have a problem to have alook on the logs using the standalone viewer or the visual administrator build in logviewer.

I get the following error message:

Error while loading service Log Viewer

com.sapmarkets.bam.util.BAMRuntimeException: Unable to invoke LogControllerFacadeMBean method: "getMetaDataOfReaders".

In the logfile of the stand alone viewer i found the hint that a file is missing called ColumnCustomizer.ser - maybe this could cause the above mentioned problem!?!?!?

Any ideas?

Nils

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The java JRE or SDK version should be 1.4.2 and the JAVA_HOME environment should be set to the correct path.

The viewer will not work with jre1.5.0.

Ilan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very thanks!

Works for me too! I have installed [Java 1.4.2.17|http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html] and changed the JAVA_CMD environment variable in logviewer.bat:

@if DEFINED JAVA_HOME (
  set JAVA_CMD="%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java"
) else (
  echo WARNING Environment variable JAVA_HOME not set, try to launch java from current PATH
  set JAVA_CMD=java
)
set JAVA_CMD="C:\Archivos de programa\Java\j2re1.4.2_17\bin\java"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I get the same error and tried John's solution. I changed the service.ini and inserted the correct values.

Unfortunately, I still got the error when starting the Log Viewer.

Now I checked the JARs, that are included by the property Service_0_JavaParameters in service.ini and I realized that 2 JARs were not present in the lib directory:

./lib/saplogvjmx.jar

./lib/jstartup.jar

And there are others, that ARE present in this directory but are not included in the Service_0_JavaParameters.

So I searched the C:/usr/sap directory and found jstartup.jar which I copied into the lib directory.

Additionally, I completed the classpath in Service_0_JavaParameters property by adding all JARs that are located in lib.

I still get the error and think this has sth. to do with the saplogvjmx.jar that I could not found.

Could someone with a running Log Viewer tell me what to do please?

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I found a colleague who knows about these things...

And the solution is pretty simple.

In my case the Log Viewer used the wrong JAVA_HOME. So watch the console window during the start of the Log Viewer and check which Java version is used.

If it isn't the right one, just add a line like the following to the logviewer.bat (somewhere in the beginning):

set JAVA_HOME=C:j2sdk1.4.2_08

Now it works!

All changes I described above (in my last posting) are unnecessary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone.

I'm having this same problem. And setting the JAVA_HOME environment variable did not help. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? This happens when I try to use the StandAlone LogViewer directly on my machine (client) when I run it in the server it works perfectly.

The standalone LogViewer actually connects to the server machine and I can see the whole tree structure where the log files are located, but the exception occurs whenever I try to read any of the log files. It's really time consuming to have to make a remote desktop connection to the server everytime I need to see the log.

Thanks in advance.

I also have another question related to error managing. I see here in SDN that people post their entire stack trace when they have errors or uncaught exceptions in their application. However, when I check the system logs on the visual administrator I can only see the name of the exception that was thrown but I can never see the stack, or the class where it got thrown. How do you guys get to see the entire stack and the throwing classes?

I hope my question didnt get too long. If this should be started as a new thread, please let me know and I will do so.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Francisco.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi - I resolved this same error by configuring the service.ini file in the logviewer-standalone directory to point to the correct java root path and logviewer root path

cheers john

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting the same error as this guy. Anyone have any ideas?