Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

triggering multiple tasks at once

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the below requirment for a material work flow:

Step 1: Event triggers the MM01 creation using basic data

Step 2: Need to trigger 4 or 5 workflow tasks, each to create a different view in the material master (i.e. sales, MRP, finance, etc), and each will get sent to a different person

Step 3: Once all of the tasks in step 2 have been complete trigger one last task to another dept.

My query is how do I trigger multiple tasks for task 2 and how do I ensure step 3 is only triggers when all of the tasks from step 2 are complete?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Step 1: What I mean is once the basic data is completed THEN

Step 2:

- Trigger Sales Tab Task to Dept 1 AND

- Trigger MRP Tab Task to Dept 2 AND

- Trigger Account TAb Task to Dept 3 AND

- Trigger purchasing Tab Task to dept 4

So 4 separate tasks get triggered once the basic data has been complete

Step 3: And then only once the 4 triggered tasks have been complete then trigger the next step in the workflow.

Hope this is clearer..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have to use FORK for achieving this kind of functionality.Put step two in fork with number of branches required and all mandatory. IF fork has 5 branches ...you put all 5 to be completed before moving to next step.

Edited by: sanju on May 9, 2009 5:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have Multiple Binding in SWE2, I mean for the same Business Object you can have 4-5 Workflows attached unless there is some dependancy.

Regards

Shital

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way to do this is to make use of BLOCK step in the workflow builder. Block step can be used in Dynamic parallel(ParforEach) and Dynamic serial(Foreach) mode.

With Blocks you can dynamically determine how many parallel branches the workflow step branches into depending upon the number of agents in an internal table(indexed).

The workflow waits for all parallel branch approval to finish before it moves to the next step.

Using this you can send the workitems to multiple approvals and wait there until all of them finish making their decision.

Read more documentation on help.sap.com.

Regards

Vikram

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My query is how do I trigger multiple tasks for task 2

You mean to say that, you want to send the same Workitem for Multiple persons right, If yes Use Rule to pick multipe approvers. If No, in Method of that Task, Write the operations of those Multiple Tasks.

how do I ensure step 3 is only triggers when all of the tasks from step 2 are complete?

Once the First Task Step (i.e. step 2) Completed , then only the control flows to next step (i.e. Step 3).

Regards,

Surjith