cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xhtmlb tabStrip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In case of Xhtmllb tabstrip, the element in one tab is not accessible from another tab because the page gets refreshed automatically on clicking on another tab. How can this be avoided?How can I access the value of the element in one tab from another tab?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This is one of the main differences between xhtmlb tabStrip and htmlb tabStrip. Instead of rendering all the pages within the tabstrips it only renders the currently visible item. This is far more efficient way of rendering the entire page. That way you are rendering "sub-screens" that the user may never look at. However this does mean that any content on these other tabs simply doesn't exist on the frontend and therefore can not be accessed by JavaScript.

You could of course always switch back to htmlb tabStrip. However the better option is to perhaps expose the field you need on the other tab via a hidden input field perhaps. That way you don't lose the value of the more efficient rendering of the xhtmlb tab strip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried with hidden field. The field which I need is of date type.When I click on a button ,outside the tabstrip,I am calling a JavaScipt function to see whether the content of the field has changed.How can the hidden input field hold the changed value in the date field in the other tabstrip?That is not working.Please help.

And I have to use xhtmlb tabStrips because that is the requirement.

Thanks

Ananya

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't understand what the problem is. When a tab strip changes, a server event occurs. Any values in any fields can be copied into an ABAP variable on the server and then rendered back out in another page.