cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in material master mrp 3 view i've selected strategy group-10 MTS/ 20 - MTO/25-VC

I want to know how system knows which REquirement type to pick .

PL suggest where this setting is made

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

The requirements type determines the planning strategy to be used for a particular requirement

Requirement type is going to be determined automatically by following a search

strategy

1. System checks Strategy Group in MRP 3 view of the material master.

2. Then it will go to MRP Group in MRP 1 view of the material master.(OPPR)

3. Then it will try to determine using Material type.

4. Then it will go to Item Category + MRP type (SD Assignment).

5. Then it will go to Item category to determine and finally

6. System will assume that the transaction is not relevant for TOR

Requirement Class is key link between SD and PP.

Key which specifies the planning strategy internally within the system.

One or more requirements types can be allocated to the requirements class. Planning strategies and requirements are linked via the requirements type.

In OVZG you can see the link points mainly Assembly, it decides which kind of Production order will be generated for requirement of SO

Also refer this link,

[Requirement Type|]

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

1 I want to know based on item category how requirement type will be determined.

2 also in rquirement class setting what is the use of result analysis key

Pl suggest

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thanks for your great rewards.

Question: - 1

If no requirements type is found here, the system assumes a special rule and attempts to find a requirements type with the aid of the item category and the MRP type.

If this is not possible, a last attempt is made to find a requirements type with the item category only.

If the last attempt fails, the system declares the transaction as not relevant for the availability check or transfer of requirements.

Question :- 2

RA Key is relevent for costing point of view. Which is assign to order type and settlement profile.

In requriment class it is defulat define for MTO like class 040 which is assign to requiremt type that is customer which is assign to planning strategy.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

THX FOR REPLYIN

i want to know how based on

1. MRP GROUP -system finds requirement type where this setting is made.

2 based on only ITem category- how system finds requirement type where this setting is made.

Pl suggest

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Through Strategy group which maintain in MRP group go to OPPR.

In sales order requirement type determination through combination of "Item Category" & "MRP Type". Here, itself the priority between these 2 types is set.

Also rfer my reply from this thread,

Hope it will clear your all doubts.

Regards,

R.Brahmankarf

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

To define we have to use the T-Code - OPPT ... Their u can define the Different Planniong Strategies

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPSD,

The requirement type is picked up by the planning strategy you maintained in the MRP 3 view of the material master.

You can check the same by following path, SPRO- IMG- Production- Production Planning- Demand management- Planned independent reqt.-- Planning Strategy--- Define strategy & Define strategy group.

Hope this helps you.

SmanS