cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chain Error - while addeding Compress cubes Ptype

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL

I have created a PC to compress the 12 cubes.

The flow is like this

Start Process->delete index->compress cube ptype for all the cubes seperately -->generate(Create)index.

Error : im getting is no type Compress Cube is allowed after the delete index

and i did again that in the same process for a seperate compress(compress type for one cube) it says : No predeccor for INDEX.

I have a doubt that we need to generate index and compress and then create is needed.and after compressing the cube we need to create the index.???

Please help me in this

Thaks in Advance

KA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The process chain steps:

Delete indices, load data into cube , generate indices ,

roll up and then compress...

You can check the table <b>RSPCTYPESDEP</b> where all the process dependencies are mentioned like delete index before loading the cube etc...

hope this helps..

shylaja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI vishnash and Shylaja

Type dependent befor After

DROPINDEX COMPRESS N

In the table i can see this entry. it says For a drop index for a component compress cube there is no need to fo for Drop index (Create index)

Thanks for ur reply shailaja its very usefull answer...rewarded.

Regards

KA

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means that for a compress cube step,the preceding step need not be 'drop index' and also the next step need not be 'create index'.

In the steps suggested,indexes will be already re-created before the compress step runs.

So it wont cause problems.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the exact flow you can follow,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a637fe07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Pradip Parmar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think u need not drop and recreate indexes for cube compressions.

--I think instead of having 12 compress processes for 12 cubes,u could try including all 12 cubes in a single process(not sure,I havent tried this on compress process type).

--I think cube compression jobs can be scheduled in the weekly chain rather than including in every chain where data loads to that cube.

cheers,

Vishvesh