cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Transational iview to be restricted to allow only two languages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Portalites,

I have a scenario where i need to restrict the portal users to allow access to backend system only in two languages let us say english and portuguese.

In transactional iview properties " Logon Language (if empty, portal language is used)", i can set it either English or portuguese.

How i can go ahead to set to access the backend system only in two languages.

Thanks in Advance.

Sony.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How will you get the user to decide which language to use? You can have two iViews - one English and one Portugese.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The main thing i need is that to override the IE browser language with portal language.i have two languages in my masthead en and portuguese.all the portal users needs to work with onlythis two languages.when user set the IE browser language to chinese,portal is displaying in chinese language and he is entering backends into cheinese language.i need to restrict this language access only to en and portuguese.

thanks in advance.

Sony

Former Member
0 Kudos

So make an English role and a Portugese role and add the language specific iViews to each one. Give the user an iView that allows them to pick their language which then assigns them the correct role. You can't limit the iView language.

For an example of setting a role for user's langauge, check out

Edited by: Michael Nicholls on May 10, 2009 5:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Thanks for the reply.

is it possible with the below issue?

want a default language: English. Also when the Internet Explorer has a different language. But when the user select manual one of the permitted languages (English and German) over the personalize button, the language should change to the selected language. Is it possible?

Thanks

Sekhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't think of a way to do that. Chaning when the user selects a language can be done, as I mentioned above, but I can't think how the portal would handle any language set by the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

I have used that code, but iam unable to refresh the portal url after changing the language dynmically.manually iam refreshing the portal screen.

Please advice.

Thanks

Sony

Former Member
0 Kudos

That last bit of code, based on the setting of restart, should cause the browser to go back to /irj. You may want to check your code logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

I have developed this code in webdynpro in doinit method like below to dynamically set the portal language of the user to english.

try {

IUserFactory userFact = UMFactory.getUserFactory();

IUser me=UMFactory.getAuthenticator().getLoggedInUser();

IUserMaint usermaint=userFact.getMutableUser(me.getUniqueID());

Locale lc_en=new Locale("en");

Locale lc_de=new Locale("de");

if(me.getLocale().getDisplayLanguage()=="German")

{

usermaint.setLocale(lc_de);

usermaint.commit();

usermaint.save();

wdThis.Restart();

}

else

{

usermaint.setLocale(lc_en);

usermaint.commit();

usermaint.save();

wdThis.Restart();

}

catch (UMException e) {

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException(e.getMessage(), false );

e.printStackTrace();

}

-

public void Restart( )

{

//@@begin Restart()

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("window.top.location.href=\"/irj/portal\"");

//@@end

}

Please Advice.

Thanks

Sony

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not a Web Dynpro expert, but I didn't think you could get it to do a window.top.location...