cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client specific Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have two clients in development system Client 120 and Client 130.

There are two clients in the QAS system 220 and 330.

The requirement is that the customizing TRs created and relased from 120 should only go to QAS 220 .

Similarly TRs from 130 should move only to 330.

At present from the QAS transport buffer we are manually importing all 120 related TRs to 220 only and all 130 related TRs to 330 .

But as it is manual sometimes mistakes can happen as

at present we can import 120 TRs to both clients 220 and 330 and 130 TRs to both 220 and 330.

Is it possible that from the QAS buffer 120 TRs can only be moved to 220 and 130 TRs can only be moved to 330.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Best Regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dezso,

Thanks for your input.

I have gone through the documents.

I hope we can use the" extended transport control " features to set up client specific transports.

if you have more details about setting up and activating the extended transport control from a unique client in Source system (here development) to a unique client in target system (here QAS system), could you please share the details?

Best Regards,

Arun

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

I only had the information above, I hope it helps.

Regards,

Dezso

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dezso for your valuable input.

Hi All,

can anybody give more details about setting up and activating extended transport control for the scenario mentioned below:

1.Two development clients in DEV system for two different projects.

2.Two testing clients in QAS system for these projects.

4. Customizing TRs from DEV client1 should be allowed to get imported only to client 1 in QAS system.

5.Customizing TRs from DEV client2 should be allowed to get imported only to client 2 in QAS system.

As per the current TMS configuration, a TR in transport queue of QAS can be imported to any client- ie client 1 or client 2.

But for more control, a TR from DEV client1 should be able to import only to QAS client1 , but not to client2.

Similarly a TR from DEV client 2 should be able to import only to QAS client2 ,but not to QAS client 1.

Please help by giving your valuable inputs.

Kind Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dezso for your response.

But as of now we dont have any plan for setting up a new system.

Also the TRs will be only customizing .

Please suggest if there is any way to implement this type of transport movement.

Regards,

Arun

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

for customizing transport you can set up Groups / routes, where you can declare in wich client the customizing settings have to be transported.

You can read about this on the following help page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/44/b4a8197acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

I hope reading that will help you.

Regards,

Dezso

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you will have problem with that as repository objects, like program codes are client independent, so these kind of transport will affect all clients. May be it is better to set up separat system, if you have such different needs against the two client.

Regards,

Dezso