cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to Compare r3 and BW data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Hey I want to know how to check, weather data in the r3 has reached the infoprovider correctly . and data is consistent.

Correct me if I am wrong

with extract checker we can check data( No of rows )

with monitor we can say data has reached corrctly are not .

with PSA we can know the data in the R3 and BW are same

if we compare data in ODS we can say data is perfect are not( is there any way to compare)

with Bex analyzer we can say data is same and all the rows have been loaded.

Any another way please let me know.

And I want to know how to compare data of R3 and BW .

Thanks in Advance

Deep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Rsa3 , you can also see the contents by double clicking the 'row with record count' again.

You can check the data both in pSA and ODS.

Psa has the data in the same format as it is in source system.

I have document how to validate the data using psa..

you can give your mailid so that I can send u the docs.

shylaja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Shylaija,

Pls. send me documents on my mail id saladi.rao@gmail.com how to validate data using PSA.

Thanks,

subrmanyeswar rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please me the same comparison document to me . It would be very helpfull because my project is in testing phase.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Is the main purpose in In doing Flat file Extractions? Why Don't Clients go for Business Content? What are the Prerequisites and Technical Settings Before extracting Flatfiles?

Brief descriptions appreciated.

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharp.

How to compare Data in R/3 and BW.

If the data is coming from single table or View from R/3,pick 10 records randomly and chesk it in RSA3 and see whether the correct data is coming or not in R/3.

Then go to BW system there (in ODS and Cube),first check the data in Active table (with R/3 data using some primary key) in the same way check in Infocube.And finall you have any report that execute the report and see the data.

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Any body can send me the document at kravl2006@gmail.com pl?

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

my mail ID is sharp_deep@yahoo.com.au

thanks

deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sharp

please check your mail. i have sent the documents to your email id.

regards

vijaykumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can compare the data from RSA3. Run RSA3 and save the data in a file and then compare with BW.

you can compare the PSA data with R/3 to check whether your data transport is correct.

But its very much important the end result(with data in DataTargets ex.Infocube...) should be reconciled with the R/3 data to check your update and transfer rules are working fine.

The second part is too tricky since you cannot directly compare the reports while the formats and grouping are different.

you can execute the reports in R/3 and apply the Update and transfer conversions (atleast for random records) then reconcile with the BW data.

Take a look on the note: 543188

"How to Reconcile Data Between SAP Source Systems and SAP NetWeaver BI"

The Data Reconcilation procedure is still in the SAP action item for the future release.

But we can reconcile the data by extracting the reports and compare with the query output in Excel sheet.

Please check for a tool "ExcelCompare" in google which is really useful in comparing excel files.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7a5ee147-0501-0010-0a9d-f7a...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/biw/how to validate infocube data by comparing it with psa data

By this method you can compare your infocube data with PSA ones...clearly, every changes in R/3 (due to user exit or, above all, BW-specific standard logic) is not taken into account...if you want to consider also this part (back-end), there is no std method and it depends from every specific flow!

-Shreya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sharp

write back your mail id i will send you some documents which will describe the proper validation of the source system data with the BW system.

regards

vijaykumar