cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO in XI 3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using Business Objects XI3.1 with Websphere as Web and Application Server.

SSO is working fine with Websphere, but now we are trying to configure IIS as Webserver and WebShphere as Applicatoin server.

SSO doesn't seems to be working, we are getting the Inoview login screen. On the login page when we enter the URL http://<Servername>/InfoViewApp/logon.jsp something seems to happen as the scren flickers for few seconds and then displays the loin screen.

Earlier we were getting the Windows network logon screen but after making some changes to IIS we are no more getting the Windows pop up screen.

Could you please let us know if we are missing on something and how to achieve this.

Thanks,

V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BasicTek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The web.xml should have 3 SSO options (siteminder.enabled, vintel.enabled, and sso.enabled)

These are used for siteminder, vintela, and trusted auth.

I think only 1 of them can be enabled at a time. So when you say you have SSO enabled which one are you using?

When you redirect from IIS to WAS I assume you are using the WAS ISAPI plugin to do that? If that's the case try and just make anonymous work 1st (turn off integrated auth on IIS) and redirect to http://WASname:port/jsp-examples/. SSO should not occur it just tests the redirector

then try infoview (only the sso.enabled should be true and trusted.auth.user.retrieval set to REMOTE_USER.(SSO should fail still but if you get the infoviewapp page that would be good).

If that works then enable integrated auth and try again. If you get a microsoft window popup asking for username/pass thne the problem is with IIS usually. If you get an infoview page with any type of error (or small logon page) thren the problem is with BO ( I can help you the rest ofd the way once you get to this point).

Trusted auth has quite a few components and may be easier to troubleshoot with the help of an authentication engineer...

Regards,

Tim

Answers (0)