cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files are not moving from ready folder to archive folder automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a problem, and files are not moving to Archive folder after import process from ready folder.

Kinldy suggest what could be resons behind this problems.

I am currntly on SP06..

1. I checked Archive folder and it is empty (There is sufficient space in the folder to place the file)

2. Restrted the server, But no use.

3. Do we need to have any other setup/configuration to move automatically?

Thnks,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

First check whether the records get imported into the repository or not. If yes, then the file will definately be moved to Archive folder.

If not and the file disappears from ready folder then check the other folders (Exceptions) present in that Port folder.

If the file doesn't goes then check whether the Import Server is running and the port type is set to Automatic and the Port status is Empty.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Apart from the above suggestions, the key point would be to check the Log file.

Go to the log folder and check the Log file. It would tell you whether the records have been imported succesfully or not. If yes, then there is no reason of file not moving into the Archive folder.

If the import is failing, then the file must be moving into the Exception folder. Study the log file to know some other reason of failure.

If the file is not at all moving from Ready folder, then there must be problem in MDIS or its setting. Check the password in the MDIS.ini file if it matches with a password in MDM console.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the ini file if the properties of repository are same as ex pwd,

and then the record should get imported automatically picked,then the file has to go into archive folder if perfectly picked,els into exception folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.

The problem got resolved.

Actually the root cause of this problme is "We created some other folder and when ever file is placed in that folder we wrote one more script to place the file in Ready folder". There is some scripting error as a result file is not moved to archive folder. We rectified the problem in script and after that files are moving to archive folder.

So in genearal, we need to take more precausion while doing such setup as i explained above

Thanks,

subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Confirm wheather you are processing the ready folder automatically using import server or processing it manualy with import manager, if it is processed manualy, file would not move automatically.